cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible Sprint Service

Highlighted
Journeyman

Horrible Sprint Service

Sprint always had decent service it wasnt the best but my family and I have stayed for the unlimited data but now all i get is dropped calls and my phone doesnt ring when someone right next to me is calling.  Now i have to call 5 or 6 times for a call to even go through.  What is going on with sprint?? It's not just me all the people i know across many states are having the same problem.....no one will tell me nothing just that its my phone and area.  To fix this i bought an iPhone to see if it fixed the problem....brand new iPhone 2 days old and still dropping every call i make from Los Angeles to San Francisco.
Im tired of Sprint's horrible service getting to ready to move on to another carrier. 

Anyway else having a similar problem?

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Horrible Sprint Service

You are not alone, Sprint's service for me in the Chicagoland area has been absolutely horrible lately, especially in the last two months.  The sad part is it also seems like it is getting worse and worse by the day!  I am getting horrible (or no) data, frequent dropped calls, even weird situations where a person will call and show up as one of my contacts but will be a stranger usually thinking I am a business they are calling.  I had a phone job intervew and it hung up, forcing me to call the company and try my best to locate my interviewer. 

I have the Evo 3D with Sprint, a Sprint internet module that I don't even use or want, and a Verizon internet module.  At my work I cannot even make calls because the whole building I am in has little to no Sprint reception (while other people who are using different carriers are able to talk freely in the whole building).  This is the year 2012 and I do not live in the boonies so I find this completely unacceptable.  I bought the Sprint internet module, hoping that since it's only for data usage it would get reception in the building unlike my phone.  Wrong!  I get 1 bar only if I put the laptop against the window and the data speeds are so slow it takes over 2 minutes to load a simple web page.  So I got the Verizon internet module, same building and I get 5 bars with internet speeds that nearly rival my home cable modem connection!  So with Sprint, I am getting 1 to no bars and can barely get 3G is any, while I am getting Verizon 4G LTE with full bars!  Couple that with Sprint having by far the worse data speeds of all the carriers and you cannot help but to feel cheated. 

I could not return the Sprint internet module (which is not able to be used for the whole purpose I ordered it for) because unknown to me they changed the equipment return time from 30 to 14 days and I happened to call on the 15th day.  I called 3 times to customer service to complain about the Internet module and have been met with a "oh well, your problem" attitude with 3 different customer care representatives.  They offered no solution, I had to ask them to put it on seasonal standby so now I am paying money for something I cannot even use and they refused to help me in any way.

So with me I feel I am not getting the service I paid for, I am getting poor reception, I am stuck with and paying for an internet module I cannot even use, and they just do not care.  How come I have to have a phone contract and stick to it but they are not holding up their end?  They changed their rules after I signed the contract and I am still locked in it?  I plan on moving to another carrier and I will never ever recommend Sprint to anyone! 

A new phone can help slghtly in SOME situations but the problem is in the network itself in this case, so buying the latest smart phone is not going to help unfortunately. 

Sorry to hear of your troubles but everyone that has Sprint I know is saying the same thing, that their service sucks anymore.  Maybe when they lose me and lots of others they will get their stuff together but I somehow doubt it!

Journeyman

I haven't been able to use an internet service that I'm paying $60.00 a month for in over 5 months. I took my laptop back to Best Buy, where I purchased it, and back to the Sprint Store, they made it totally worst than it was when I got there. He erased all my data and then told me there was nothing he could do about the internet connection...!!!!!! My bill is extremely high already and I'm paying for something I don't even use !!!!!! I am shopping for a new internet & phone service all the way around.....!!!!!!

Journeyman

I am beyond angry and frustrated with the horrible Sprint coverage, the horrible customer service, this is no way to run a company! I purchased a new iPhone 4s, I had an EVO previously. I litterally have to walk out in to the middle of the street to anwser or make a phone call. I supposedly have 'excellent' coverage, according to Sprint's map. I live in Boulder Colorado and also Manhattan. I have slightly, and I mean ever so slightly better luck in Manhattan. If your phones don't work in the middle of New York City, then where exactly do they work?? Calling customer service is like Dante's third ring, I had to do the online chat as....you guessed it, my call to customer service dropped! Online chat person informed me someone from tech support would call in 24 hours, spoiler alert......NO PHONE CALL!!! Does anyone know if you can track how many calls have dropped? I have to have a working phone for my job, obviously I can't conduct business from the middle of the street! I go out of my way to tell anyone and everyone that will listen.......AVOID SPRINT!!!!

Journeyman

I agree. Hurry up and fix this coverage immediately! I will admit the did call. I got this bogus Airwave thing that seems to make the problem worse and I'm not the only one having the issue, several of my coworkers are too.

Journeyman

Absolutely unacceptable! I have been told several stories about the airrave, one person told me I couldn't use it with the iPhone 4s, the other 'tech person' said that this was the only thing that would help.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.