cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible signal in North side of Phoenixville (19460)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Horrible signal in North side of Phoenixville (19460)

I just got a new iPhone 4s on Sprint, and was less than overjoyed to find that I have at home a single bar which drops to no bar, and "Extended" most often. It sometimes goes up to three bars for a minute or so, but drops to one soon after. This is while the phone is stationary. My wife is giving me the stinkeye because I left the AT&T plan she's still on, and she has a solid signal.

I looked on the coverage map and see the closest tower at about 1.5/1.75 miles to the west, and nothing for a long way to the north/south/east. Am I going to have such a bad signal at home all the time, or is there work being done?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Master

If you want to private message me with your address I can give you a more realistic drill down of coverage. Which sector are you in on the graphic below?

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sent you a message with my address, thanks. I'm near the upper middle next to the Black Rock Sanctuary.

Highlighted
Master

The tower that provides you coverage is twice as busy as the tower to the East. It is probable that when capacity is high that the coverage is constricting thus narrowing the edge of coverage. This would cause signal loss at your home.We have aggressive upgrades planned for that tower that should improve your in home coverage-

Capacity Upgrades

TypeStatusProject Completion DateEstimated Completion Date
Carrier EVDOApproved--4/30/2012
Carrier VoiceApproved--3/31/2012
T1 EVDOApproved--3/5/2012

In the mean time an Airave would be a suggested option if you continue to fight for coverage.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Highlighted
Journeyman

Cool, I can live with it that long if it's going to improve in a few months. FWIW, while AT&T has a solid signal at my house, there are still two dead zone's traveling to/from the house to the south. I'll be going out today and will probably drive through those zones to see if the Sprint coverage is better.

Thanks!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.