cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Houston, LTE and Sprint's LIES

Highlighted
Journeyman

Houston, LTE and Sprint's LIES

Could someone just tell me why you provide coverage tools that lie? After calling CS, there is no LTE in our area and it will slowly improve over the next months... That's great! Why when I check coverage on your website at coverage.sprintpcs.com does it show the entire city of Houston covered in LTE? I'm sure that is an optimistic map you have there, but at this point it's a deceptive and bold faced lie. Why can't you just put an actual up to date coverage map?

32 REPLIES 32
Highlighted
Journeyman

Same Here ! No LTE coverage at all. It wouldbe  almost a month since LTE come live in Houston area, not one time I get on LTE. Unlimited Data without slow data mean nothing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What's both of your zip codes so I can verify if sites are active in your area. If you're not actually in the city of Houston don't complain, they're building out their network and they have tons of sites scheduled for this month.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Live in 77015, work in 77536, 77042 and 77049. They show orange LTE on the map, but let's be honest... They just colored over the whole city.

Highlighted
Journeyman

There are at least 3 active LTE towers in all of those ZIP codes. It's likely a problem with your phone, but make sure your phone is in CDMA/LTE mode and has been upgraded to the latest radio and firmware before you take it in to get replaced.

I'm assuming the map shows coverage from calculated data by each towers output power and terrain data.

Highlighted
Journeyman

M09856 wrote:

There are at least 3 active LTE towers in all of those ZIP codes.

And you know this how?

Highlighted
Journeyman

When 2 or more LTE phones are in the same place and neither one gets service... Well, let's say it's likely not the device, but the signal. Like I said, the map I am shown is covered in LTE which clearly isn't the truth. Trust me, I'm not the only one that notices how bad your service is at the moment...

Highlighted
Journeyman

It is not our phones.  It is the data network or lack thereof.  I got better data coverage with my EVO 4G on the Wimax network.  The coverage map for 4G LTE in Houston is a lie.  I would strongly advise anyone against renewing or beginning a new contract with Sprint based on the 4G LTE coverage map.  I had two months left on my contract and I renewed and now I am stuck with this garbage network.  I have data roaming in my home which I never had with my old Evo.  I am in 77092.  Check the coverage map and I should be getting LTE anywhere in the city.  Everyone once in a while I will get LTE while driving around but it drops out withiin a couple of blocks.  I want out of this contract because Sprint is not honoring their end of the agreement.  Why should I continue to pay for services I am not receiving?  I find it telling that contract buyouts have also increased.  Seems to me they have to get their money somehow because they know they are losing customers left and right.

DO NOT RENEW.  DO NOT BEGIN A NEW CONTRACT.

And by the way, I have CDMA/LTE enabled.  I have installed all available updates.  I have been told by customer service that the "profile update" would resolve all of my issues.  It is a runaround.  Stall tactics.  I could not be more dissapointed.

Maybe I should just stop paying and send Sprint letters saying I paid or that payment is on the way.  What would be the difference between my lie and Sprint's lies?

If you would like more information on my experiences with Sprint's data network in Houston, please email me at ******************************* will tell you straight up how terrible their data network is. 

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - removed personal information

Highlighted
Journeyman

By the way....I will be all over message boards and blogs letting people know the truth before they fall victim to the scam that is Sprint LTE Data.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Down at Fort Bend Toyata have my suv service. To my suprise 4G LTE was having 5975 kbps down and 344 kbps up. First time 4G LTE show up since I got my Samsung G S3. For a month I through my LTE don't work. As soon as I left the dealership and even I drove in Houston, no more LTE dignal can be found !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( Just my 2 Cents)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Problem is, it won't be there in a few days.  Lots of instances of temporary LTE situations reported only to vanish hours or days later.  For the most part, our phones work fine.....when Sprint actually provides an LTE signal.  Which is spotty and inconsistant.  This network was NOT even close to ready for 'launch' on July 16th when it was announced as live and sold to customers.

The only thing Sprint has been consistant about lately are sending bills for services they are not providing and providing excuses why thier network is not on line.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Their network is being deployed, tower density isn't high enough for LTE to be consistent yet, it does work though. They launched the market at 20% completion when it should have been 50% like Chicago will be.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.