cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we find out if Sprint knows about dropped service?

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do we find out if Sprint knows about dropped service?

I am here in Del Rio TX (78840) and have been getting nothing but roaming since morning -- no broadband for my laptop either -- over 7 hours now.  How do I let Sprint know?  How do I find out if they already know and are working on it?  How do I know that others are having the same problem?  Lucky for me, I have Roadrunner, too -- so I can post here.  Anyway, I find it extremely customer-unfriendly to not be able to find an easy way to alert Sprint or to get an update from them on a current problem with coverage.  Customer service email response within 24 hours is not good enough for me and the money I pay for this.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: How do we find out if Sprint knows about dropped service?

We track blocked and dropped calls down to the decimal point - any time a tower starts acting up it sets off alarms in the Network Operations Center.  Depending on the issue we can either fix it remotely, from the local CO, or sometimes we have to send a truck out to move the birds nest (or whatever is wrong).

If you have questions, posting here is good, but rest assured, we are monitoring tower performance day and night.

Specifically to your zipcode, there was an incident impacting your area from on May 23rd.  Service was restored 4:46 PM

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the response.  It is so frustrating to have service drop out and no quick way to find out why.  Frankly, this was the first time that I had experienced such a prolonged outage -- in 3 years of using Sprint here.  Not too bad, I guess.

Highlighted
Journeyman

There seems to be an issue in my area zip code 01915. For the past couple days both Verizon and Sprint phones have had spotty or no service or "roam" service in my house where normally I have 4 out of 6 bars. Is there a way you could check into this please?

Highlighted
Journeyman

How about with the 3g service? Me and several other friends and family have not had 3g/evdo service since July 25th. Today I went to the San Antonio area, I picked up evdo around the Uvalde area, all the way to San Antonio. When I returned, I had 3g for about an hour or so, then it switched back to 1x. During the time I had evdo, I called my Dad to check his, and his showed 1x still. Has any of that been reported?

Phones that I had checked and showed 1x were my Samsung Moment, Samsung Rant, Motorola Razr V3m, and an LG Lotus. Another friend of mine has an Evo, hers shows 3g, but I didn't really get to check the speed to see if she really was getting 3g service or not. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still no 3g here in 78840. Guess I'm going to hold off on buying the Epic

Highlighted
Journeyman

Be glad you have service. I am in Montgomery AL and on June 23rd (from what I have been told) we used the Altel towers downtown where I work. On June 23rd Altel and Verizon joined their towers. As of that date when I try to make a call it tells me "Welcome to Verizon Network You Call Cannot Be Completed As Dialed"(roaming which i did not do prior to this date). I cannot text either. What is weird is I can now receive my emails on my Blackberry. I have spent many hours on the phone with Support (a real nightmare) and they have entered ticket after ticket and finally I get a call back that says they cannot gurantee that I can have service everywhere in my town . Although I had service for three years prior in this location. it is real frustrating to have a brick for about 45 hours a week. The customer service is horrible. My contract is coming up this month and I am looking for another provider. My brother (who also had a blackberry) got a new phone and it is better than the blackberry, it works most everywhere. I suggested that maybe I should change to a different model of phone but no one thought that was a good idea. All of my coworkers with different phone companies have service, it is only Sprint with the issue. I have carried my phone to the sprint store on three occasions after having them to re-program it and it did not help. I am very frustrated. I am a long time Sprint customer but shall be leaving soon....Good Luck to everyone else!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having this same issue with my blackberry. It started about 3 weeks ago. By the time i get to work my phone is a useless brick with full bars. I roam at work (cottonton, Al 36851) on verizon or alltell, like you i was getting the verizon "cannot complete call" message but now it just hangs up if i try to dial. I have no voice or data it stays on 1x. I used to have full EV coverage out here. My boss has a touch pro with sprint and his wife has a moment, they both have no problems with their phones and are able to get EV coverage. Tech support was no help and simply told me they put in a drop call request to the technicians and would get back to me in 72 hours. Meanwhile im stuck with a useless phone.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.