cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting #$%^ of these dropped calls (60564)

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am getting #$%^ of these dropped calls (60564)

I was on an important conversation with my daughter regarding my grandson's health and again the call dies it death spiral and dies. Both of us are on Sprint, both of us were non-mobile, so it wasn't handoff related.

I am really tired of the excuses and poor voice and data performance despite all the wait and see promises. Sorry, Sprint..but as a long term customer you are no longer meeting my "basic" voice needs. I don't even use the data portion (3G) as I can send morse code faster than downloading data from this network. Sorry if I sound terse, but enough is enough.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Master

Re: I am getting #$%^ of these dropped calls (60564)

There are currently 5 tickets open affecting towers in that zip code due to the Network Vision upgrades in the area. During the upgrade process higher than normal drop and block rates are expectedas the tower infrastructure is changing as engineers are working on the equipment. In addition, some issues have been discovered in some areas with handoffs between legacy towers and the upgraded Network Vision towers. I do not have a current estimated date for the Network Vision upgrade completion in your area. The engineers however are working to get areas upgraded as quickly as possible and last I heard were ahead of schedule.

Tower handoffs can occur even when you are not moving, it just isn't as likely as if you were travelling on a highway. As people join/leave a tower the overall area that tower covers expands and contracts. If your signal is getting weaker the tower may hand you off to the next closest tower because it thinks you are moving, and there is a chance it could get dropepd due to the upgrades currently occuring in that area.

This is one of the things the Network Vision upgrades bring is a more comprehensive handoff system with fweer dropped calls. At the moment however your area is not fully upgraded, so many towers are still using the legacy system and handoffs between the two may not go as smoothly due to this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: I am getting #$%^ of these dropped calls (60564)

I didn't want to pull out my trump card, but I am a wireless retiree from ALU, so I understand how cells and handoffs work. I also understand how integrations work especially regarding multiple vendor inter-operability as I spent a lot of time in the labs working on this. It seems in this case Sprint has decided that the schedule is king and performance be damned which is why the are mass changeovers can and will come back to haunt you. I can't comment on Samsung equipment as I did not have any direct experience with them. Speaking as a customer (not as wireless engineer) I can only say that my service up up until the past few months works fairly well. We are expected to pay our bills and in return I expect to receive the service I am paying for. Yes do-do occurs and any reputable company will do it's best to inform, fix and even compensate their customers. This makes good business sense. It seems that in this case Sprint decide to mess around with the network and hope that nobody noticed. I appreciate your response but it has been the same canned response that we have been getting for a while. I wish Spritns senior management would at least ackowledge these network issues and respond to their customer base before there is none. I could go on but it would be counter-productive in this venue and not solve this issue.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.