cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want out of contract after 13 years with Sprint!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I want out of contract after 13 years with Sprint!!

I've had no service since Monday 5/21/2012!  Nada, Zero, nothing!  I've spent the entire past week talking with Sprint and at one of their repair stores.  I don't want to hear about towers, upgrades, etc.!   I'd rather pay a lawyer to get me out of my contract if I have to then pay their freaking cancellation fee.  This is the most disgusting so called service I've ever encountered in my 50+ years on this earth.  I'm not alone either, the amount of people having little or no service due the upgrading to Network Vision is horrendous.  By the time they have their super duper vision up and running (HA!) they won't have any customers left.  I use to refer people to Sprint, I now tell people to stay away, go to another carrier.  It seems  the Chicago area is market most adversely affected and that's where I am.  I'll be leaving the twilight zone of Sprint very soon.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Journeyman

You are not alone... Cell service has been out for almost two months in the East Bay (of the San Francisco Bay Area)... I cannot receive/make calls or text messages at home. I have been to the store and spoken with a representative on a weekly basis in which I have been informed that on three different occasions (April 26, May 14th and May 26) that the issue will be resolved (which it hasn't) and assured by a manager that they will follow up with me (which no one has)... My contract is up June 1 (this Friday)... Can't wait...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I feel your pain.  I am in the greater Phoenix Metropolitan area and have not had good service since I switched to Sprint from Verizon 21 months ago.  I travel frequently also and can tell you with 100% certainty that it's bad everywhere I have been.  East coast to west coast, it is horrendous.  I am trying to get the word out there that switching to Sprint is a mistake not worth making.  I'm happily going to pay more to be able to make calls when I want to.  I'm done with Sprint!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sadly, you are NOT alone. I'm in Northern Oklahoma and used to love Sprint. I would refer ANYONE and everyone to them. We had awesome service in our area for the first 5 years we were with Sprint. NEVER had an issue. BUT Since November 2011 (yes you are reading that right, 6 months ago!) We have been having signal issues. We did call them and they made a "ticket" on the issue and they told us they were upgrading. Six months later...still nothing has changed. They did send us a signal booster, which works great - as long as we are at home - but does us no good once we leave the house. We have 6 lines w/ Sprint and have contemplated just paying the ETF and being done.  We have heard nothing about whatever happened to our ticket and have basically given up on ever having good service in this area again.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just left sprint today and went to another carrier after all these years with Sprint.  It's so nice to have cell phone service again.  Good luck to you all, I couldn't take it anymore.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Shelby...GOOD FOR YOU.........Who did u go with? And what did it it cost you to get out. Customer Service was suppose to call me 4 hours ago....NICE Should I expect anything else. I did file with the FCC and BBB today....

Highlighted
Journeyman

Radarfire, I went with T-Mobile because they offered the same package as Sprint and it's about $14 less/month.  I have 2 lines and we only talk and text, I don't really need data anymore.  My new phone has video, which my sprint phone didn't, so that's a little plus.  They had already credited my next bill for not having service for over a week.  I had 2 different contract ending dates.  They reduced the cancellation fee on the longer/more expensive contract by half, my other line ends in September so that I have to pay also.  It's better then nothing and I'm just so happy to have a phone that works now.  I found it's better to talk with Sprint Tech Service (press 3) then just genral customer service.  As for your bill, you call or ask for Account Services.   The T-mobile store I went to said they've had a lot of customers coming over to them from Sprint lately.  Radar, well done on filing with the FCC and BBB!  I hope something is done for all the sprint customers that have problems.  What I also liked about T-Mobile was the removable SIM cards.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Kudos to you.......Congrats on having service that WORKS!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am also planning to leave Sprint after many years.  What is the use of unlimited data if the coverage is poor?  Verizon already has 4G LTE where I live and Sprint has no plans for even 4G let alone LTE.  I am stuck with sporadic 3G and paying even more than what Verizon will cost me for 5GB data.  I am going to break contract and move to Verizon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Depending on the coverage tmobile can be a pretty good choice.  Also in my area they have been offering "buy one phone get one free" and a good number of their devices.  Phones like the HTC One and the Samsung Touch etc.

If these companies were smart they would notice the issues going on with Sprint and offer some port in credits.  Now is the best time for them to take some customers.

Highlighted
Patron

I am right with you I have three lines and they want to pay 350. for line 1 350. line two and 190. for line three ...i dont know to do!!! they told me towers are down upgrades i have a new business out my home and calls dont come through emails internet text message ...this is not right

Highlighted
Journeyman

every time i have stay with sprint i think they haven't gotten any better. the contract early out fee was $150.00 per phone, the phone have gotten crappier. they break faster and more are expensive. the contracts were shorter. a famliy member and cowokers have cricket wireless and has all data for less money. everytime my phone break i just go and buy a used phone, because they are to expensive, i stop buy or upgrading, because then u play into sprints hand and restart your contract. at the end of my contract i will be going to that other carrier, for more data way less money. wish everyone get their problem resolve.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.