cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Sprint 4G LTE REALLY available in Atlanta?

Journeyman

Is Sprint 4G LTE REALLY available in Atlanta?

I work at the airport and only see the 3G icon on my new EVO 4G LTE phone. Wasn't the big launch supposed to happen yesterday in and around the metro Atlanta area? I have been a loyal Sprint customer for almost 17 years and am very disappointed with the promises and customer service that Sprint is and has been providing over the last few months. Between the supposed 4G launch yesterday and the EVO fiasco/customer service blunder a couple of months back I am fairly jaded at this point.

Is anyone in the Atlanta area receiving constant 4G service? If so, in what area are you located?

Thanks for your time and comments.

86 REPLIES 86
Journeyman

Re: Is Sprint 4G LTE REALLY available in Atlanta?

I drive around atlanta today and found 4g Lte working around chastain park golf course. That's it.  No buckhead, no downtown no little five points.

Hope they turn some more towers on. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had it for a split second while rebooting my phone in Grant Park, but that was it. I've read reports of people up in Sandy Springs/Dunwoody getting it, but when I was at work up in Dunwoody today I was still only getting 3G. Very disappointing.

Journeyman

I have driven all around Atlanta and have yet to get a 4g reception.

Journeyman

Actually, I work in Roswell Alpharetta, and Sunday morning about 9am when I got off from work I had 4g on Mansell Rd, I drove all the way down 400 to 285w (no 4g) and didnt have 4g anymore until around Peachtree Dunwoody. I got home to Fairburn rd, Douglasville, and I have 4g in my home.

Unfortunately, the next day I didnt have it anymore, so maybe they are upgrading to make sure it works. The fastest speed test I got was about 17Mbytes of throughput.

Journeyman

I get a wonderful LTE signal at my house in Lilburn/Snellville.  However, I haven't found a signal anywhere in Dunwoody.  You'd think it'd be reversed.

Journeyman

Same here, I got 20+ Mbps in Stone Mountain and can't even get a 4G signal in the city.

GrandMaster

you guys have to remember that they lit up LTE at roughly 40% in market areas...unfortunatley some market areas are a couple cities wide..from the info i was given atlanta is one of said VERY large market areas..so break that large area down into 40% of those towers...its going to be really hit and miss until they light up more towers for you guys.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Can you post the website where it says that Sprint was only doing 40% please.

GrandMaster

its posted multiple times within these forums...you can also hit up s4gru.com

and i never said they were only doing 40%...they had to hit a certain amount before they could start lighting up the sites.

my comp went all wiggity whack on me and i lost all my bookmarks about this stuff or i would have already linked you guys.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I wrote customer service which emailed and acknowledged an outtage in 30303 (downtown), 30344 (East Point) and 30236 (Jonesboro GA). They claim it was repaired on 7/16/2012.

Here is what they emailed: "there was a known 4G outage at Atlanta on July 16, 2012 with zip codes 30303, 30344 and 30236. The technical ticket number for the outage was 9321828. However, the issue was resolved on the same day at 07/16/2012 12:21:25 CST."

It hasn't worked today either (7/17/2012). So contrary to what customer service is saying, it's NOT resolved.

Journeyman

So Ive been catching up on this forum and again in Douglasville, I got 4g for like 2 minutes and the speedtest couldnt even connect. So its seems that theyre trying to fix it. Patience.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.