cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Sprint Vision/LTE just a marketing scam or is it for real. I asked Sprint for Proof and ..

Journeyman

Is Sprint Vision/LTE just a marketing scam or is it for real. I asked Sprint for Proof and ..

I am a ten year plus customer who just paid $100 a month ago to buyout my two year committment in order to purchase two new Samsung G S III.  Great phones.. but honestly a steady decrease in network reliability and speed over the last thirty days:

I have asked Sprint to document whether they are at the halfway point of deployment of LTE in the Baltimore Metro area.  So far they have declined to do that "we cannot offer any guarantees".  Sprint Customers:  Also beware that you have signed an agreement to arbitrate with them over any dispute, and you have waived your right to include yourself in any class action lawsuit.  I checked to be sure.

That does not mean you cannot complain to your State's Attorney General.  Misrepresentation is still Misrepresentation.

I am awaiting ANOTHER escalation request for my continued issues with droppped and missing text messages and voice mails, and even more irritating, drops in data and voice coverage while travelling down the I-95 corridor and the NE Amtrak right of way between Baltimore and Washington.

I have promised Sprint to document my own experience with them in providing a reasonable level of service to me and my family.

I would love to hear from fellow customers who went throught with Wimax silliness (that really wasnt a great investment in a 4g Wimax phone..)..

Are trying to bear with the LTE rollout..

and feel like Sprint is almost deliberately dragging their feet in upgrading towers (and more importantly reporting on their progress to their customers).

Thanks for listening

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Is Sprint Vision/LTE just a marketing scam or is it for real. I asked Sprint for Proof and ..

If you look at the sprint coverage maps for Houston, it shows solid 4G LTE everywhere including surrounding areas.  My experience is this just flat out FALSE.  When I questioned a Sprint store employee, I was told only 25% of towers were upgraded and so LTE service was going to be spotty in Houston.  This matches my experience.

So I'd like to know, why do they show 4g LTE everywhere in Houston on the coverage maps?  When it is clearly not true.  This is dishonest, misleading, of Sprint to do this.

Journeyman

Re: Is Sprint Vision/LTE just a marketing scam or is it for real. I asked Sprint for Proof and ..

The claims that the network is expanding is accurate. The rate of speed is not an exact science. If one tower in your area is live, additional towers will go live shortly.

Your complaint is probably the #1 complaint of everyone thar has purchased a new LTE capable phone...the network isn't ready. That's like buying a Ferrari and being restricted to a city streets.

At least your area is under construction. 500+ markets aren't even listed for 2012 go live. I'd be more concerned if by the end of the year if you don't have full access. This is why Verizon is $40/mo more expensive and restricts individual data plans.

I would have returned the phones right away, but of course, I won't be one of the first people buying a state of the art device in a brand new service area expecting 10yrs of network upgrades.

GrandMaster

you can also browse through the forum here and see speed tests pulled while on LTE..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Wizard

BaltimoreDave,

You're taking the right approach with this.  Far too often, people come on hear screaming for compensation without any evidence.  I suggest you stay the course...document your dropped calls/time of day/location and continue providing that to Sprint. 

I've been through the never-got-WIMAX deal and am in a similar position as you:  noticing a huge increase over the past 2 months in dropped calls / spotty coverage / missed calls & texts with no notification for several hours.  I'm hoping that means they're updating the towers around me since we're supposed to have LTE active by Dec.  I'm not holding my breath on that, but I do believe Sprint is making a concerted effort to roll out LTE and improved covereage as quickly as they're able.  As I've posted on here dozens of times, I wish they'd be more transparent with their progress.  The worst thing you can do is tell your customer to simply trust that the roll-out is happening...especially after so many of us lived through the WIMAX debacle.

GrandMaster

gotta admit that they have been making small steps towards being more transparent (posting of which cities are in line to get LTE next)..only problem is they take one step foreward and get hammered by people because THEIR city wasnt named on that list..at least theyre making an actual attempt though

arTim wrote:

BaltimoreDave,

You're taking the right approach with this.  Far too often, people come on hear screaming for compensation without any evidence.  I suggest you stay the course...document your dropped calls/time of day/location and continue providing that to Sprint. 

I've been through the never-got-WIMAX deal and am in a similar position as you:  noticing a huge increase over the past 2 months in dropped calls / spotty coverage / missed calls & texts with no notification for several hours.  I'm hoping that means they're updating the towers around me since we're supposed to have LTE active by Dec.  I'm not holding my breath on that, but I do believe Sprint is making a concerted effort to roll out LTE and improved covereage as quickly as they're able.  As I've posted on here dozens of times, I wish they'd be more transparent with their progress.  The worst thing you can do is tell your customer to simply trust that the roll-out is happening...especially after so many of us lived through the WIMAX debacle.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

What angers me is that when I bought my WiMax phone over 2 years ago their coverage map showed me not getting 4G coverage anytime soon.  So I knew what I was not going to get.  I finally got WiMax 2 months ago just before my phone died. 

But now they are lieing and showing practically all of Dallas and Fort Worth Texas as having 4G LTE.  I drove over 60 miles from Plano, thru Dallas, Irving, Euless, Bedford, Fort Worth to Haltom city in North Fort Worth.  Almost all of it shown on Sprints coverage map as covered.  I got actual service for  a few minutes at Preston and 635 in Dallas, then next to the water tower in Bedford (1/4 mile from the tower and it kept switching between bad 3G and worse 4G), then I got 4G LTE again in Haltom (download but no upload). 

I am pissed that Sprint can lie and not have the FCC or FTC fining them for the blantant fraud.

Journeyman

I've been paying $10 per month for "4G" going on two years now. Oh yeah, did I tell you 4G isn't available in my area(NE Ohio)? $10 per month for nothing. Now it's time to upgrade to Sprint's 4G LTE and it's not even available in Ohio. Will I still have to pay $10 per month for a phantom 4G LTE?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.