cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it Ethical to keep us with such terrible service and pay for it?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is it Ethical to keep us with such terrible service and pay for it?

Sprint claims to hold ethics as part of their business model. However, is it ethical to charge a $10 fee of premium data that i cannot even have the luxury of using. I work with cell phones and it is really hard to sell a Sprint phone knowing the terrible service and lies they feed to their customers. I own an Iphone 4s simply because I love iOs but it is horrible! the data speed is dreadfully stagnant. My friends have the same exact iPhone but with ATT and have great speeds. Before i owned the iPhone, i had the Epic and was still paying for 4g speeds. Sprint claimed to have 4g towers where i live (south texas) since March of 2010, i even signed up for the notification service and i never received any word from them. Now it is May 2012 and still no 4g yet. there is maybe 1 tower in Brownsville (an hour from where i live). Where is the ethical value in that? Paying for a service i do not get to enjoy, being lied to directly to my face. Can the company be sued for this sort of practice? Does it take a lawsuit in order for them to get their act together? Even now, they claim to have this whole Vision package, but how long will it take for them to implement all of that. Honestly, i have been comtemplating getting rid of Sprint and fighting not to pay the ETF. I would even go to the point of arguing that all my $10 premium data that i didn't use should be charged for it. Can anyone enlighten me as to when this problem will be fixed? Or even if i'm not the only one feeling this way?

My zip is 78539. I get terrible service here and the data speeds are a joke. anyone else share the same sentiment?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Journeyman

I share your sentiment to the degree that I won't be a Sprint customer for much longer after my contract expires. For two years I have been paying premium data charges on three devices when I haven't been using Sprint's data at all. My average monthly usage has hovered around 200-300 MB and that is at the slowest speeds possible. Lately the shit simply times out. It's not slow data anymore it simply no data at all. What good is unlimited data when I'm on the road and want to quickly look up the nearest ATM and all I get is the waiting symbol and the waiting symbol and the waiting symbol and.... Till I just get out of my car at the gas station I'm at and pay 2.50 in transaction fees. Fuck you Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I share your sentiment completely! Believe it or not, I live with in 40 miles from Sprints Corporate H.Q. in Kansas City, Mo. and we barely get 3G service. We are now just getting further upgrades for better 3G service! Here we are this close to their H.Q. and we don't even have 4G. What really makes me angry is my home town of Kearney, Nebraska 68847 has and has had 4G service ever since it came out. Only because it is right on Interstate 80 and is part of the University of Nebraska system. With their announcement of the new 4G and 4G lte system they still have no intention of covering this area leaving it 3G. This is no small town, This is Leavenworth, Kansas 66048, we're talking 5 prison's an Army base the Kansas Speedway is closer to us then it is to Kansas City!

I am already buying out parts of my contracts for devices & phones that are not on my family plan and getting ready to make the switch to a competittor of Sprint that has offered me free HTC phones and has great 4G service in my area.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Amen! all these worthless extra fees are pissing me off

Highlighted
Journeyman

CPLucas wrote:

I share your sentiment completely! Believe it or not, I live with in 40 miles from Sprints Corporate H.Q. in Kansas City, Mo. and we barely get 3G service. We are now just getting further upgrades for better 3G service! Here we are this close to their H.Q. and we don't even have 4G. What really makes me angry is my home town of Kearney, Nebraska 68847 has and has had 4G service ever since it came out. Only because it is right on Interstate 80 and is part of the University of Nebraska system. With their announcement of the new 4G and 4G lte system they still have no intention of covering this area leaving it 3G. This is no small town, This is Leavenworth, Kansas 66048, we're talking 5 prison's an Army base the Kansas Speedway is closer to us then it is to Kansas City!

I am already buying out parts of my contracts for devices & phones that are not on my family plan and getting ready to make the switch to a competittor of Sprint that has offered me free HTC phones and has great 4G service in my area.

You can live within 1 mile of a tower and still have crappy service. Pay the EFT and go somewhere else.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I live in FL and have been discussing a credit with corporate for about 3 weeks now due to how crappy the service has been: no data connection, lost data connection,ddata connection so slow I give up, roaming alerts when I am just sitting in the same spots I usually do, dropped calls, chirping and bleating that my contacts hear, severe static causing me to constantly close calls and try to call back, freezing and lots of restarts, etc.: Sprints horrible service has caused me to lose touch with many people in the last few months. I was offered an $80 credit only if I contract for another year with that credit...and I am already contracted until Sept of next year bringing me to contract for 2 more years with a service that is extremely unreliable. Ok...so I have SOME service...can I only pay SOME of my bill please???!!! Please! I have been to the store, called the store to double check that it is not my phone, and corporate still wants me to go back to the store. I want to go to see an attorney!!!! I have been with Sprint for about 8 years now and they have credited me when I have had problems in the past related to service...yet now I believe that they are just collecting their money for 'supplying service' and nothing else. I believe it was AT&T who stated 'we supply service yet we do not guarantee how well it will work'...HELLO SPRINT...perhaps it is time for a CLASS ACTION unless our bills are reduced until this horrible service mess is over with...what do you think of that Sprint Community...I am plain old frustrated and at the cusp of leaving...and very soon. I can pay less money for a more reliable service from one the local companies for less than 1/2 of what I am paying monthly for this 'contracted' service...HELLO SPRINT...YOU ARE IN BREACH!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

All the issues are still happening and all over the place from what I understand...I posted under another comment also...ready to seek counsel and leave Sprint altogether. This lack of service for full price is a huge ripoff to the consumers. & it MAY be fixed by the end of 2012...I can't live with a phone like this for the price I pay...no way.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm in the San Antonio Tx area and I have yet to see this 4g Lte service. I have had the Evo Lte the day it came out and I ask myself, why did I spend $200 on this phone to just have 3G.  I was thinking about calling a lawyer but don't you think someone has already tried, or even a lawyer has crap service with Sprint.  Im thinking the only thing we could do is we all cancel our service and go to AT&T! Most likely I'm switching next month I can't handle this crap Sprint calls service. Beware do not upgrade go else where! AT&T should capitalize on this and offer free activation to Sprint customers! They would make a killing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Everybody needs to sticks to their guns here and leave when their contract is up. I think they are hoping that we stay once their coverage is back up. So if you have great coverage when your contract is up, remember how you were treated when it was down for weeks and sometimes even months. I see a lot of people on these forums complaining about coverage includind myself. Imagine if all of us left. I know that I am. Paying Sprint is like paying someone on Ebay and they never send you the item.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.