cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is network down Chicago,IL

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does anyone know if there are issues in the Chicago area my phone wont text or complete calls.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

There was a single cellsite down (reportedly) but it was supposed to be a quick fix. They may still be working to get it back up. It went down 5/1/2011 and originally anticipated it being back up same day so it must not be a major issue...hopefully they will have it up for you soon!

Hope this helps!

Journeyman

Re: Is network down Chicago,IL

From 60653: As of today, I don't think the problem has been fixed. I'm getting text messages sent at 2pm and 7pm CST at 1040pm CST. This has been happening to me since Friday, 4/30. I called yesterday and today and was told there is an issued with a tower that services all of Chicago and part of IN that is malfunctioning. When last I spoke with Sprint this morning, the issue ticket had been closed, but I was informed that a closed ticket didn't necessarily mean the repair/upgrade/restoration was done. I'm at the end of my patience. Is there any word on when this work will be done and when I'm going to have reliable service again?

Journeyman

I may start trying to find another phone company to work with. This has been an issue for me for almost three weeks. I'm receiving texts and voicemails DAYS late, and I cant' dial or OR receive phonecalls. I've NEVER had this issue with Sprint, but it is TRULY is becoming a problem for me.

Journeyman

My phone is just randomly not connecting calls and failing to send messages. I'm also receiving 2-hour old texts

Miguellorica,

Could you please provide me with your zip code.  I just want to verify that your zipcode is included with the outage I show in rural Chicago.

Thanks,

Ray

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.