cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a service outage in your area???

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is there a service outage in your area???

For the past 5 days i have been experiencing serious service issue with my phone. I cannot send or receive text messages, nor can i call anyone. There are periods when service will return but only for a few mins at a time, during which my phone constantly goes in and out of roaming status (which it never does), on top of that i get a slew of txts and voicemails from ppl anywhere from 3 hours ago to an entire day. I need my phone for like everything (big surprise) and i am dissatisfied with Sprint's CS approach. One rep told me to turn off the phone while he resets my services remotely (didnt work). Another rep told me to remove the battery (if you guessed that it didnt work then ur 2 for 2). Apparently this issue has been occuring to almost every sprint customer that i know (my father in hawaii, and an old friend in Georgia, as a few examples)

can anyone shed some light on what exactly is going on

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted

ChaotiX87, where are you located at? If you can post a zip I can check to see if there are any network outages in your area. Are there other users in your area having the same exact issues? Are you experiencing issues in one location or multiple?

Highlighted
Journeyman

been happening with my evo 3d for the past three weeks..no service then goes into roaming. as far as texts i get an error then im told by receiver it sent to them more than 5xs..sprint claiming its the phone but fartkher search on this forum  i see others experiencing same problem at same time as mine mysteriously started.good luck

Journeyman

I have similar, serious problems.  I'm at zip code 27529.  Can't get a stable signal.  Can't make any phone calls.  Texting seems to be fine, if delayed slightly.   WIFI is fine.  I've tried power cycling my phone several times, removing/reinsterting the battery, updating my PRL and Profile and nothing has worked.  The only thing it seems I can do is make a call via Skype, which isn't really an acceptable workaround.  Been this way since late last night.

From my searching on this forum, it seems Sprint has a history of blaming the on phones, yet I've seen no cases of messing with the phone actually fixing the problem.  I'm a techie myself, so you'll have do quite a bit to convince me this isn't a network problem.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same issues in and around Boulder, Colorado (zips 80301, 80026), since at least February 5. Have confirmed that multiple Sprint customers in this area are experiencing the same problems. Voice signals are normally very strong. Experiencing frequent dropped calls and complete loss of signal.

Highlighted
Master

@sp1n4m

Open Network Events for 27529 (CDMA)
Single Cellsite 8657212 At 2012/02/12 09:47:34 we experienced the following Problem(s) in the Raleigh / Durham : Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill Market: Single Cellsite (Out of Service) . 02/12/2012 03:47:00 CST 3 02/13/2012 04:04:13 CST 02/12/2012 04:10:07 CST RA03XC046 Garner NC 27577

This is affecting you (even though it says 27577).  We expect it fixed by tomorrow.

@ chrismit2958,

I show:

There are no Open Events for ZipCode 80301 in the last 7 days

There are no Open Events for ZipCode 80026 in the last 7 days

So, if you would please private message me your phone number, I will look at your exact address and see if we need to put in a ticket.

-John

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, well.  Good news and bad news.  Bad that it's really an outage.  Good that it's a known issue.  Thanks for the update.

Highlighted
Master

I'm sorry.  If you call Sprint requesting an adjustment, give them the ticket # 8657212 and I'm sure it will help you.

-John

Highlighted
Journeyman

my zip code is 07601

ive always had service at my house now i dont

Highlighted
Journeyman

have any info for 07601

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had a flip phone for years  (7?) and never dropped a call at our home or anywhere else, but upgraded to a new phone, family plan and dropped my landline (took a lot of courage to finally do it)   now with the new phone I drop calls constantly. I have to find just the right spot in our home to keep a call going.  I have been to my sprint stores 3 times and talked to about 8 customer service reps and they all tell me it is a networking issue and we do not have good coverage in our area??  Why then, did I never drop a call with my old phone?  Very frustated.... Our zip is 28052

Highlighted
Journeyman

Service out in 33323 and 33314.. Please Help to fix this problem. I pay for the service that I would like to use ! Am i the only one with it out in this area ?? is it my phone or a tower ?? Makes no sense. I cannot use my phone for calls or texts ... but I can go online, receive emails. etc. What is the problem ?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.