cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a service outage in your area???

Re: Is there a service outage in your area???

I researched and found that there is currently a single cellsite down in this area. A field technician has been dispatched so we hope to get this resolved as soon as possible. The ETR at this time is today around 8pm CST. If you wish to reference the ticket number it is 8746374.

techsavvy101

Journeyman

Hi there

I am the proud owner of the EVO 4G LTE.  Now I understand the differences between 2, 3 and 4G.  In the town of my employment, there is only 2G (Carroll, Iowa 51401).  With my EVO 4G and my EVO 3D, I experienced slightly slower, but reliable data.  As soon as I received this phone, I take it with me to Carroll and I find that the data is very "droll" shall we say.  Texting and calling are perfect, but even loading sites such as Google.com or the Google Play Market is a bottleneck unless I'm in Wi-Fi.  I've taken my LTE into 3G areas and it works just fine.  I've tried power cycles and PRL/Profile updates and those haven't seemed to fix the slow speeds.  The speeds are slower than I have ever experienced on my previous two EVO devices.  Now when I'm roaming with the 1xRTT agreement with U.S. Cellular, the data sems to pull along.  Can you check to see if there is some kind of outage, please?

Also, can you tell me more about the decommissioning of Nextel with the replacement of Sprint towers in my area (zip codes 51401 and 50129), because I am anticipating 3G at my house as well as work!

Thanks!

Nathan

Journeyman

I just got home from work, and Sprint Chat is offline. It seems that Sprint service has been down all day in my area 77447 (per 2 other users in my house). All 3 of our phones show R when we try to call CS. 1 time I got a crickett roaming service using *2. Thanks...

Journeyman

Its been out here for 7 weeks now, dropped calls, texting is now coming up network busy, no data and I have been on roam...its a joke...fix your towers SPRINT

Journeyman

77316 and 77356 (montgomery, tx) are experiencing the same problems...

Has been going on since February.. Was finally told that the towers could not handle the amount of usage at those locations.  They said they were expanding the capability and should be finished by June 27.. I only got that answer when I asked about canceling my service because of all the problems that have been going on since February with delayed text.. Wrong time stamps.. Dropped calls.. Server busy try again messages..  The first person always says everything looks fine... Unfortunately you have to advance deeper in the customer service chain to get a real answer.  My two year contract is up in August and I will see if the service is fixed or time to find another network..

Data speed..  Still have my HTC Evo 4g that has no 4g for almost 2 years and now I would need a HTC Evo LTE that has no LTE.  I would say its like being on a lake with a cool fast boat.. And everyone is telling you how great speeding around the lake is going to be... Only problem is there is no water in the lake yet and your boat is sitting in the mud.

Thought my lake Conroe analogy would be understood loud and clear here.

Verizon apparently picked a winner LTE and everyone is starting to jump on board... They started 2 years ago and Sprint is supposedly starting now.. and abandoning there other choice.  I only worry how long will it be since in 2 years the old 4g never expanded beyond Houston..

At this point I would just be happy to see the 3G to work right again.

The firmware update a while back to save Sprint money on roaming with Verizon towers will not use Verizon towers if you have any signal with a Sprint tower.. This could be a half of a bar that would not even make a connection and your standing next to a Verizon tower.  This has further degraded the service in Montgomery and for Sprint..  It used to grab the strongest signal from which ever tower (Verizon or Sprint).. Now Sprint is known for great phones Not so great service. 

Will update if problem is fixed on June 27.

Journeyman

Same issues in Rhode Island. Service is horrible everywhere i go. I call and complain and they reset my network info and nothing ever works. I'm lucky if i can make a phone call and lucky if i can get a text to send the first time. 90% of the time my phone says "Extended" or "Spint o". I'm lucky if i ever have a 3G.. Sprint you suck!!

Journeyman

I live in bolingbrook, IL and there is no service here! the police department had switch carriers because their calls were not going through. this service is disgusting. for the past 3 months the service has been completely gone. and whats worse is that customer service keeps saying one week over and over...surprise! its not fixed. why am i paying for sprint 4g service when i dont even get 3g service?

Journeyman

I am having issues in zip code 45661. Loss of signal, going into roaming off and on. It is highly annoying. I'm able to send and receive text messages but it is delayed. I am assuming this has something to do with the storms this weekend.

Journeyman

Ok today is July 11, 2011.. Problems are worse.  Dropped calls, missed text, server busy.  Please fix your towers Sprint.  Problem was also in Conroe 77301.

Definitely waiting on upgrading phones.. Will need to upgrade service first.

Journeyman

No service in 77302 either. It's been out since 7/11 with intermittent roaming.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been getting service outages and intermittent roaming, but what really upsets me is that sometimes I get no 3g or 4g data at all. My zipcode is 77301. Please fix this ASAP sprint.

Journeyman

Same problems in Zipcode 92126. Never had a problem with reception in my house (5 years). Now getting 1x, Roaming, No service. Then for a minute or two I will get some bars back. Cycles throughout the day through all of these. Pretty annoying. Any tower outages in Zipcode 92126?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.