cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there still going to be a capacity upgrade on my tower? Service still unreliable.

Journeyman

Is there still going to be a capacity upgrade on my tower? Service still unreliable.

We started having problems on Oct. 28th.  We have been going round and round with Sprint customer service for months and still our service is unreliable.  After they keep saying it is fixed the problems remain.  Someone here told us there is a scheduled tower capacity upgrade in December.  So far no change.  After all the calls and emails we are sure that whoever determined it to be a tower capacity issue is correct.  A MAJOR theme park opened within a mile of our home (Legoland) and we feel sure that is the issue.  With park goers on their phones all day long while in the park, we are not able to get service.  After the park closes at night, then we get service. 

Right now I can't even get a text out at 3:50pm on Sat.  I have to make calls several times before they connect and then have dead air for a minute before they connect if they do ever.  The connection is not very good when it does.  Most texts don't go at all from my home.  Anywere else our phones work perfectly.

Does anyone know if they are in the process of upgrading the capacity of my tower yet?  Cross streets Poe and Lake Ned drive in Winter Haven, FL 33884.

We are just worn out with this issue of no service and I think we understand why better than Sprint.  We think that Legoland has increased the number of Sprint users in the area and the tower can accommodate them.

Help!

19 REPLIES 19
Master

We've recently added our Network Enhancement and Upgrades site. (Click the link)  This link contains the location you provided above as well so it will take you right to your area.  The home site is http://network.sprint.com

There have been and still will be several upgrades for your area.  If you have cable or DSL internet at home, have you thought about getting an Airave device?

Tom

Journeyman

Hopefully the last upgrade will help.  Still the same today.  Everything is fine till about 10am and bad till about 8pm.  An Airave probably wouldn't help since I have 5 bars of coverage.  AND if that is what I need, then everyone in my area needs one too including the businesses in this area!  It is the tower, Sprint's issue.  If Sprint can't make it better then I need to find another carrier.  Anyone have experience in my area with ATT, Verizon or TMobile?

Journeyman

Re: Is there still going to be a capacity upgrade on my tower? Service still unreliable.

THANK YOU! I live 2 minutes from Lake Ned and I am experiecing these SAME issues! Your original post explains my words to a Tee! I am SO FED UP with this issue and Sprint continues to do NOTHING about it! I have an airrave but I can't take it with me everywhere I go! Thats what Sprint towers are for correct?? I cannot tell you how many times I have called Sprint regarding this issue. Just recently a ticket (18933702-111217) was opened for the issue and closed a few days later on 12/21! My issues began on 11/25 and apparently the tower was "fixed" on 12/15, "supposedly!". Now get this, 12/17 I could not make or receive phone calls or text, not to mention I couldn't connect to the internet! My phone was basically a paperweight... I own the Epic Touch 4G (Sprints top phone). There is NOT an issue with my phone as I have verified this against others who have sprint who live with me, also my neighboors and friends in this area.

I understand Sprint is deploying new 3G towers and also switching to LTE which is their "Network Vision Plan" and that it is scheduled to complete by 2013. Sprint has already installed one of it's "new" LTE capable towers HERE

With the issues our area has been receiving, would it not make more sense to install one of these new towers instead of putting paying customers off time after time and wasting sprints money on supposed repairs?

What is 1 voice and 1 data upgrade going to do to this area?! Really?!Sprint.png

Feel free to mail a letter to Sprint regarding the issue at:

6391 Sprint Parkway

Overland Park KS 66251-4300

Journeyman

I knew we couldn't be the only Sprint customers with this issue.  What Sprint needs to understand is that everyone who even visits this area has the same problem.  IT IS THEIR TOWER!!!!  My family members are getting sick of trying to call 15 times over 45 minutes to an hour to get the call to go through to our phones, yet at work OUT OF THIS AREA my phone works perfectly.  This evening between 5:45 pm and 6:30pm my daughter tried 15 times to call both of our phones to tell us that a family member had died!  Sprint when is enough?  When are you going to fix this?  Do I need to dump you and get a lawyer to get out of my contract?  Who else out there is having problems in this area of Winter Haven.  Lets band together and do something to get this fixed!

Journeyman

First off Jennie I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your family member.

Secondly I agree with you 100%! When is Sprint going to realize that the tower isn't strong enough to support our area! Especially since Legoland moved in! This is why I'm suggesting an install of Sprints new "Network Vision Towers" in our vicinity. Obviously no matter what "fixes" Sprint does to this tower it never resolves the issue! I have honestly almost Sprint everyday regarding the issue! I'm also beginning to noticed some bad coverage/speeds elsewhere in Polk County. Possibly related. Signal dropping to nothing and back up to full bars. Cell phone service should never be this spotty.

Journeyman

I spent 2 hours on the phone with Sprint last night, and they offered me a $5 discount because I can't make calls between 4:30 and 6:30 everyday that Legoland is open.  This level of customer service is horrible.  By the way, I had to call back because they hung up on me.  The fact is, Legoland is a much better customer ($$$) than us individuals.  It is irresponsible of Sprint to sell their service to a major company and to not have the infrastrucure to maintain for all of their customers.  They would not even let me out of my contract without paying the cancellation fee.  I probably will end up trading in my phone at Verizon (they will give me $50 for my Evo).  I tell EVERYONE, I love my phone, but hate my service. 

Journeyman

Are you serious?! So Sprint really isn't going to do anything about this?! So they did sell service to Legoland? This is UNBELIEVABLE! If that is the case Sprint is about to lose A LOT of customers in my area. I know tons of people who have Sprint who have already told me they're leaving Sprint because of the poor signal.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Devin723,

Thanks for your condolences.

Yes, Sprint needs to do something!  I called them again on Dec. 23rd and had to call back 4 times because every time they put me on hold and the call dropped.  It took more than 2 hours to tell my story over and over and over every time they passed my call off to someone else.  I finally talked to a sympathetic rep who said he knew of an issue like ours in Michigan and the issue didn't get resolved for a year.  I still have 10 months left on my contract and Sprint says they won't let me out without penalty but as of now they can't provide me service on a reliable basis.  They offered me an Airave but I told them it wouldn't help.  I have plenty of bars, just no service.  I am just tired of the whole thing.  It is going to take a major amount of customers complaining, for them to get this fixed for us.  I wrote LegoLand an email today explaining the situation and telling them that their customers probably are having the same problems in the park.  If they can't call and text while they are there, they won't be happy either.  Is there a way to go up the chain of command at Sprint and talk to someone who actually cares?  I tried to get an address or phone number but they won't give out anything but the regular automated phone number.  I would call them everyday if I had time, but I just can't stay on the phone with them for 2 hours every time I call and of course I certainly can't call them and spend that time when I am at work, where I have great phone service since it is out of this area.  Any one have any ideas?

Wizard

I can understand how frustrating it is to have service issues.

Checking the area of Zip Code 33884 I see that our engineers are actively working to improve the service for this area.

I see adds are scheduled  to be completed by Estimate Date  2/15/12.I appreciate your patience.

PinkElmo

Journeyman

Hello,

To FLJennie - First off, I'm sorry for your loss of a family member.

I just became a Sprint customer last week and bought two phones (Nexus S 4G) for Christmas. The customer service was great, the phones are excellent! However, I am quickly joining the ranks in the group with no signal. My phone is quickly approaching 24 hours now with no signal. I am currently at work and just walked my phone to the windows. As I stare at a few phone towers in the distance, my phone bounces in between no signal at all to roaming. I'm starting to seriously reconsider my choice of phone provider...

You had asked earlier about other phone providers in the area. I am in South Lakeland, only about 30 minutes from you at the most. I was a TMobile customer for nearly 5 years before I made the switch last week. TMobile has great coverage of the area. While with them, I traveled to your area for bowling tournaments and never had any issues with coverage/signals what so ever. Unfortuantely, I left due to a few idiots who work in a local TMobile store. They really messed up my account and apparently it can't be fixed unless I break my contract which I did. It's a huge fiasco. Anyway, TMobile is better than Sprint in my opinion. If you do go with them, stick to calling their corp offices for everything rather than visiting a local store.

Still No Signal with Sprint....

Journeyman

Been customer with Sprint since Oct. 2003 (not ever missed a bill) and now this,,,3 phones dead since Sunday in the 34233 area in Florida,,yes it went on a breif moment at/around 2200,12/27/2011 and now it's gone.

Tomorrow, 12/28 it is a big chance that Sprint is going to get 3 customers at the same time that will "drop out", no matter what contract or not. We don't have land lines AND I'm applying for jobs and is expecting phone calls for interviews, that I have got during last week, 3 of them. Temp. job that calls me when they have a route, guess who can't call me now?

Customer service, Sunday 12/25/2011 that first said that they can't see anything wrong with our out/in going signals , just for a second later change their mind and now there is an outage and I got this said to me twice; "rest assured,rest assured the line will be up at 2310 Sunday evening". Monday comes, now it changes to 2200, 12/27/2011 for lines/waves to be up, okey,,it is now 2252, 12/27/2011 and phones are dead.

Oh, yes, I have done all the resetting with phone, the ##number# MDN,MDSI and so on,, and taking battery in and out of phone to the brink of "stupidity", nothing helps.

See you tomorrow Sprint. Enough is enough.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.