cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE Data Plan

Highlighted
Journeyman

LTE Data Plan

Will LTE data plan be truly unlimited?....and if i have an everything data plan and i decide to upgrade my phone to a 4g lte device when it comes, will i have extra charges on my plan? does any one know about it?

7 REPLIES 7
Master

Re: LTE Data Plan

I have inserted a link with a great article about how wireless is running out of room, hence no unlimited. This is not a policy but rather an opinion based on my experience in this business.

I think we have seen the last of truly unlimited data and the CNN articles during this week in February were very informative and enlightening.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/02/21/technology/spectrum_crunch/index.htm

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Master

The first round of LTE devices will be able to be activated on our unlimited plans, Will they cap it in the future? It's not something Sprint really wants to do but if push comes to shove we may see it, But it will not be anytime soon, Sprint is trying to keep us with unlimited data for as long as they can.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=2224

“LG Viper pairs perfectly with our unlimited data plans to bring customers the benefit of new technology, including our upcoming 4G LTE capabilities at a great price,”

Are you saying that Sprint might change to tier plans. I know that they will try to keep it as long as possible but it is a trend to offer unlimited then as technology grows, go to tiers.

Journeyman

I chose sprint because the unlimited data and price but if plans increase in price and become data limit i may switch to another carrier like tmobile, i really like sprint but we ll see what happen

Sprint Product Ambassador

All of our current plans are Unlimited.  The CEO himself has stated he wants to keep Unlimited for as long as possible.  We can't forcast the future, but the plan is to keep Unlimited LTE data.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

Of course the data is unlimited when the 3G network is so slow that you have to use a wifi hotspot in order to even be able to use your phone!

Wizard

Yes, it will be truly unlimited without throttling like other companies' "unlimited" plans. Truly Unlimited Data is at the core of Sprint's advertising. Studies have shown that throttling or caps do not really help with congestion. They are more for increasing revenue.

With the new Network Vision towers, there really is no reason to throttle or cap anyway. LTE has much better network management tools so that no one user will hog all of the available bandwidth. And with DO Advanced (new 3G), the towers can also dynamically router the phone to another, less congested tower nearby if needed. Plus, there will be a HUGE increase in backhaul as the towers will be using microwave instead of T1's.

If Sprint took away unlimited on phones anytime in the near future, it would be slitting its own throat. Just not gonna happen.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.