cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE in Bay Area California! iPhone 5

Highlighted
Journeyman

LTE in Bay Area California! iPhone 5

I was at the Richmond Bart Station today and looked at my phone and instead of saying 3G at the top it said LTE but as soon as I left the bart it went back to 3G! Crazy!!

66 REPLIES 66
Master

Re: LTE in Bay Area California! iPhone 5

We are working on upgrading the towers in the bay area.  You may have gotten a signal for a tower that was being tested.  You may see this at other places and times as we continue the build out

GrandMaster

1- the next time you spot the phone kicking over to LTE try to get in a quick speed test (speedtest.net app) and then post it in here so others can see what speeds youre seeing...especially helpful for those that are in/around your area.

2-change your screen name in here...public forums and now everyone has your email address...just a FYI.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Additional LTE Siting:

I arrived at work (Milpitas) this morning and saw for a maybe a second "LTE" on my iPhone 5 before it switched back to 3G.

Journeyman

Nice! Good to see LTE in the Bay Area. I guess I should flip my LTE switch back on. I'll definitely report back (with speedtests hopefully) if I spot anything within San Francisco.

Journeyman

I was at Fortran Court in San Jose at 10am and LTE showed up. I ran SpeedTest.net and it showed 6.51 Mbps download and 1.97 upload!

LTE went back to 3G immediately after I was done though.

Journeyman

Check it out.

Journeyman

Hey guys...I drove from SF to the East/South Bay and there were many patches of LTE. I caught some of the speed tests. I did the most speed tests while in Fremont - the stretch of Automall Blvd. from 880 to 680...impressive, but if few people are on the network and it's only this fast...I don't think this will be good news for Sprint. My friends on LTE with Verizon and AT&T get these speeds or even double/tripple at times in areas where there is a fair bit of congestion.

Screenshots:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b316/nodrogkam/Random/IMG_0043.png

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b316/nodrogkam/Random/IMG_0040.png

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b316/nodrogkam/Random/IMG_0034.png

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b316/nodrogkam/Random/IMG_0032.png

Happy Friday everyone!

Journeyman

I was at Intel (Mission College Blvd) at 2pm and saw "Extended LTE" on my iPhone.

Speedtest was: 6.27Mbps download, 3.38 upload

Journeyman

Hi, mak_tech,

What do you mean by "flip my LTE switch back on"? Is there an on and off setting?

Eugene

Journeyman

I am surprised they let you roam on Verizon's LTE...(Extended in the BayArea tends to mean Roaming on Verizon).

In any case, yes you can toggle LTE as well as Voice/Data roaming on and off.

Settings > General > Cellular

Unfortunately you cannot force the phone into 2, 3, or 4G modes in order to either save power or to prevent the phone from switching back and forth between different signals.

Journeyman

Thanks. My setting was on "off" for data roaming at the time and I still got "Extended LTE".

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.