cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE in DC

Journeyman

LTE in DC

This morning while driving downtown to work I had an extended period where my phone said it was on the LTE network.  Also a few weeks ago in another part of the city I had a flash of LTE coverage but this morning my phone said LTE for quite a while until I got out of the downtown area.

I wanted to know is anyone else getting flashes of LTE service on their phones while in DC.  Does this mean LTE is coming up soon and the flashes I am seeing are tests that Sprint is performing before they turn it on permanantly for the city or is my phone just malfunctioning.

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: LTE in DC

I suppose, if it's not announced on their coverage map, it's not official.  They need to provide LTE coverage to the Northern Virginia area quickly, else I'm taking my family plan to Verizon.  I can no longer stand Sprint's "Slow G".

Highlighted
Journeyman

Work exit 13 of the beltway

Highlighted
Journeyman

Catching it for the first time off exit 27 on 495, also. College Park area.

Highlighted
Journeyman

For a little more than a week and I've been getting LTE in Alexandria and for the first time yesterday I was able to get it in Springfield. The strange thing is I"ve never gotten it in Arlington or DC though. I will be honest and say that the speed was much better(16.50 mbps) on my iPhone 5.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.