cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE in Dallas, network coverage in the area in general

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: LTE in Dallas, network coverage in the area in general

I live in the Plano/Allen border, and receive no 4G signal whatsoever.  I work in downtown Dallas and do not receive any 4G signal there, or on the way (I have taken 75 and Dallas North Tollway).  I did update the PRL on the 16th, and received 4G signal at 35E and Inwood for about a minute.

I was in Houston on July 15, and received 4G signal.  Is anyone picking up the LTE signal in Dallas?  The speeds in Houston was 2.5 down, .9 up.

I also checked with the sprint 4G LTE map, and all of the areas I have been testing are full strength LTE areas.

Dare I say that when I owned a Blackberry with Verizon, my speeds were nearly quicker than 3G on my Nexus, haha.

Nexus

Highlighted
Journeyman

I picked up an SGS3 a few weeks ago and have been patiently waiting for LTE to popup. I've not seen it once. I live in the Allen area and have not seen LTE anywhere in Allen, Plano, Frisco, McKinney, Denton, etc. I was part of the 4G WiMax rollout, so I know there can be delays, but when a network provider puts a launch date on something, you better make it happen. I wish someone within Sprint could give us a status update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Live in northwest Plano; work at the corner of the North Tollway and 635.  I do not get a 4G signal at home.  I do see 4G at my office, but speeds are abysmal and the signal comes and goes. 

Eg, I just ran Speedtest.net; download clocked at .85 Mbps and upload at 1.01 Mbps.  Strange that up was faster than down.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Being a consumer, and having been on the provider's side of the table, I can see it both directions. However, I think what would really help here is some honest information concerning when we're going to see LTE service since some of us renewed specifically for LTE. I was seriously considering moving to another carrier after having been with Sprint since 1999. But, I decided to give them one final shot anf hope their LTE service would help. However, I don't like being lied to. Some good, honest information concerning the actual go-live date would probably make all of us happy.     

Highlighted
Journeyman

Confirmed no LTE in the following Dallas areas...

Mockingbird Station area.

Highland Park area.

North Park Mall area.

Where is the promise of July 15 LTE????  My galaxy nexus chugs data slower than my AT&T WinMo 6.5 I've used half decade back... Not acceptable.

Highlighted
Journeyman

KOKJ, check my post in http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/449871#449871 re: service in Atlanta.  Yep, it's all about telling the truth.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Contrary to what someone posted 4G LTE IS downtown. I have confirmed it on Ross and Harwood and especially in the Arts District there is

Highlighted
Journeyman

SprintSince95 wrote:

Contrary to what someone posted 4G LTE IS downtown. I have confirmed it on Ross and Harwood and especially in the Arts District there is

I am currently, at this very second, standing outside Lockhart's in Bishop Arts. Next to me are my partner and two friends, all with Sprint LTE devices. None of us has LTE and 3g is abysmal, I am using the Cafe Brazil wireless to respond to this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

And at this very moment I am downtown.  Ross and Hall, two blocks from Arts District - known as the Gateway to the Arts District - and there is only 3G.  And I am on a 3rd story patio with a great view of downtown and all of the Arts District.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks LTEsearching. I appreciate the link. I guess I should clarify that I don't feel Sprint lied to us. I feel under-informed. When I bought this LTE device, the sales people went out of their ways to inform me that "LTE will be live in this area on July 15th." To me, that means exactly that: LTE will be live in this area on July 15th. However, I have no LTE at all. Should I be mad? Maybe. I'm more disappointed but not mad. I have been on the deployment side both from Sprint's perspective and an OEM's side and I know schedules can sometimes be inexact and things don't always fall together perfectly. But, don't tell customers they're going to have a specific service on a specific date and it not be there.    

Highlighted
Journeyman

I went searching last night for LTE...I live in the heart of Downtown Dallas(Ross and Lamar).  I found LTE on Ross and Leonard right next to the AT&T building of all places... 2 or 3 bars.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok, upon further searching I found the EXACT location of a LTE tower.  Goodlatimer and Dawson right on the edge of Deep Ellum and the Farmers Market area of Downtown Dallas.  Got full 5 bars of LTE.  Too bad I live on the other side of downtown...

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.