cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of 4G upcoming locations???

Go to solution
Wizard

Would it be possible for Sprint to list here on the forum in a blog or something a list of where 4G is being installed and approximate expected dates of completion? Many of us have issues with not being able to find information on where 4G is even being worked on much less installed. I live in Lexington, KY and not even Louisville has it yet and they are the only city in KY bigger than us!!! It would probably make it a lot easier and ease a lot of people's minds if we were at least kept "in the loop" so we know what is going on!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
30 REPLIES 30
Highlighted
Journeyman

The Sprint 4G network reaches over 70 markets and counting, on select devices. See

sprint.com/4G for details.

Jeff Bratcher

Sprint Tech

Wizard

This is honestly not what I am asking Jeff. If you read a bit closer (and no disrespect meant) you will see I asking for us to be informed of what 4G projects are underway and not where 4G is now. For example...I live in Lexington, KY the second largest city in KY. We do not have 4G coverage. It would be NICE to be able to look at a thread on here or click a link and see if 4G for Lexington KY is even being thought about at the moment!

Does anyone else agree?!?!?

Journeyman

I agree.  I live in Baton Rouge, LA and not only do I not have it here there's also no 4g coverage in New Orleans.  It would be nice to know when.  We pay extra for data service on 4g devices so I'm feeling a bit short changed considering I don't get what I pay for.

Journeyman

I agree as well. I've been a loyal customer to Sprint over 8 years and I'm a little dissapointed with their attempt to compete in the market (4G, Network Coverage, etc.) Although Verizon is a bit more in costly, they are constantly delivering pure customer service to their customers.  However, I hear Sprint is working on a deal to deploy LTE. This may be the cause for delay of announcement of LTE markets.

Journeyman

You won't get an answer from Sprint on this issue because if they were to give you an honest answer they would probably lose you as a customer. Here is the unofficial answer if your area doesn't have wimax 4g now, it never will. While clear is still putting up test towers in many cities, it will never be a complete official rollout. Clear also just announced they will be expanding a few cities that already have 4g service, like L.A. Chicago and Boise. So people like you and I will not see 4g service until they decide to put Lte in our areas. My guess is that won't be until 2013.

Journeyman

Exactly why Sprint should not have wasted time with wimax and got an early start on LTE deployments. By the time Sprint gets around to deploying LTE AT&T and Verizon will have a nice head start.

Journeyman

It would be nice to get an honest answer from the company to it's customers. It's like buying a sportscar and finding out it dosn't come with tires. They probably thought they had at least two years to deliver before every one jumps ship. News flash..TIMES RUNNING OUT!

Journeyman

Re: List of 4G upcoming locations???

wimax is a better platform than LTE, it really isnt a waste of time... im happy to be getting the faster of the two services... once they get it up and running that is..  

Journeyman

Re: List of 4G upcoming locations???

It would be nice to know what was going on, but like Toddsch42 says they do not want to lose customers.  WiMax was designed by intel for home and business use, NOT cell phones.  LTE is much better for what it is to be used for in my opinion. 

Clearwire is 50% owned by Sprint and over the past 4 years has had its stock plummet from about $25 to the current $5.42 of today.  Even the market feels that it is "pointed in the wrong direction".  They reported a $487 million dollar loss last year and have stated themselves that they have "slowed down their network expansion".  If you don't have it now it is going to be awhile. 

It seems that Sprint has "First" thing down, and don't or can't follow through. 

My local store told me a few weeks ago that Sprint was testing their 4G network on the north side of Indianapolis over the last few weeks.  I heard them tell a customer looking at a HTC Evo 4G that.  He says it will be up by the end of the first quarter.  When asked why the website does not show Indy even on the list, they said that not all cities are listed.  He says that it will be up by the end of the first quarter, which is April 1st....Hey!....I get it.

Combined with the obove knowlage, my guess is that he was just fending off why he shoud pay $10 more a month and sell a phone.

I am cynical, but Sprint might just surprise me.  It would be nice.

Wizard

I am surprised no one from Sprint has responded since I clarified what I was inquiring about!

Master

DanaMillan wrote:

I am surprised no one from Sprint has responded since I clarified what I was inquiring about!

That is because new markets have not officially been announced yet. I have no doubt that markets are currently being deployed, but they haven't been announced publicly.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.