cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Los Angeles NO service at all

Journeyman

Would SOMEONE from Sprint please respond to this string? This is incomprehensible!! How long are we going to be left in the dark with no information? This is the LAST DAY I can put up with this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I also am having an issue in Woodland Hills and Westlake Village.  I am getting service but no 3G.  It has been out for 2 days now.  Sprint keeps saying there's no outage but that they have a ticket opened.  I'm pretty annoyed that they're not admitting to there being an outage at this point.

Journeyman

Just got this fromm an online chat with another rep:

'I apologize for the  inconvenience you are experiencing and appreciate your patience. We have  a network outage in the area you are inquiring about. Although there is  no estimated repair time available, we are working diligently to  correct the issue.'

Well crap, that does it for me. Just as I speculated they arent even sure whats wrong or how to fix it. So its not getting fixed anytime soon.

So unless its fixed today or there's a reliable ETA for repair, this means goodbye Sprint, I'm headed to any other carrier I guess. '

So lame.

Journeyman

Wow this just got real for me. Without the use of this phone I was unable to fulfill my obligations to my cleints and now have lost my two most recents jobs because of this. That was rent and food for the month.

Thanks again Sprint.

Journeyman

I'm in real estate and have one house in escrow, am in the thick of a complicated lease agreement on another, and scheduling work for a third. Know how hard that is to do without a phone? I have to leave my home/office and drive 2-3 miles away to get service -- then I don't have my computer or files in front of me. Does Sprint have any idea how their customers are getting hurt by this? They'd better let me out of my "contract" without a penalty or else I smell lawsuit. How about a class-action suit? If they expect me to honor a contract when they can't, "they got another think coming".

Wizard

VESTRIK wrote:

I don't either. Please tell me it doesn't require a business account to troubleshoot this through. I have been a very loyal customer for over 10years and have never been so long without the use of my phone. Please help out here _D4V1D_ , or Sprint, whoevers listening.

By the sound of your earlier post _D4V1D_ , when you stated in was under investigation, it kind of sounds like this problem hasn't even been identified and therefore isn't likely to be fixed anytime soon. Is that a fair assumption? If so I'm afraid I may have to reconsider my loyalties to Sprint as no phone is worth losing my business over. And if my clients can't reach me EVER when I'm out of the office, In my line of work I lose credability really fast. So fast it seems this service issue may have already lost me my most recent client.

Please, some help here is needed.

Thanks Sprint.

Currently they are running and waiting on results from a local RF drive test which engineers use to determine where the services are being interrupted and evaluate various RF parameters of the network.  Have they identified the specific root-cause for the issues in this area? No, but they have been updating information on the ticket multiple times per day.  So please know this isn't just sitting on someones desk somewhere, technicians are out in the field, engineers are conducting countless testing.  We too wish we had an 'easy button' but this issue appears to be more than a flip of a switch or resetting a tower. I really wish I had a better answer and I know this is a frustrating situation.  I'll continue to monitor things from my end, but I can't escalate this any more than it already is.

Cell-less, I've been responding regularly to this thread with any information that I can get... Your zip code doesn't appear to be included in this specific ticket.  Can you please click on my avatar and send me a private message with your physical address and Sprint phone number so that I can look into this further for you and possibly escalate the issue.

Journeyman

I appreciate the response, escalation and continued help on the issue very much. However being an engineer myself I understand evaluation is the very first step towards resolution, so this is just more bad news for me.

Journeyman

I have found a temporary and just barely workable, but far from perfect, work-around if anyone is interested.

Google voice. By linking a google voice account to your cel phone number, then forwarding the incoming calls to Google chat, you will be able to recieve your incoming calls as they come in if you keep your gtalk or gmail open. The downsides are that you are stuck in front of your computer while on the call, and all outbound calls will come from your google voice number instead of your personal number so they wont be recognized by the person your calling.

Cmon Sprint, fix this today and save me a lot more drama...

Journeyman

Re: Los Angeles NO service at all

Still no service. Can't even reach my voicemail half the time I call my phone number to test if it can recieve calls yet. Can't get any straight answers from anyone. Any new news _D4V1D_?

Wizard

Last thing I have from late last night is that they are still investigating.

Journeyman

Any new news on the ticket? I have enough service to barely stay fuctional but its still far from where it has been the last year I've lived here. Thanks for the input _D4V1D_.

Journeyman

I have been with out service in 91342 since last Thursday, September 1, 2011.  Have called daily and have been told that there is a down tower.  Was given a Noon CST ETA for yesterday, still no servic today.  How long can it take to repair/replace a tower.  Getting extrememly frustrated and seriously considering jumping ship. 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.