Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lte speed test results?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Lte speed test results?

Found LTE in Kansas City, near the sports complex on I-435.  I was driving along and thought I would check for 4G and for the 1st time I saw 4G and it was a pretty good signal.LTE test.jpg

Highlighted
GrandMaster

which means theyre still in the testing phase of that tower(s)..especially since most are seeing 20-30mbps once the towers are completed or near completion.

LTEsearching wrote:

Yesterday morning I was able to get LTE for the 1st time longer than 2 or 3 minutes.  Actually had it about 10 minutes before it reverted back to 3G.  But did have it long enough to do several speed tests between 4g and my wireless. 

4G LTE.png

Message was edited by: LTEsearching

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

fireguy_6364 wrote:

which means theyre still in the testing phase of that tower(s)..especially since most are seeing 20-30mbps once the towers are completed or near completion.

Its hard to say what the average speeds will be.  There isnt much of a lTE network in any of the cities.  And there is very little network load when someone does get a signal.  It's just too early to say what kind of speeds to expect.  It is very possible that the average speeds will be around 5mbps or they may stay at 30mbps.  We need an actual LTE network in the markets to really find out.  Until then people can post speeds all they want.  it wont matter because it is not a true test until it is complete with a network load.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

true. but people posting speed tests at least shows that theyre getting it. im still thinking the average speeds should be roughly between 10-20mbps. if you think about it, once they have that whole market lit up every tower (or just about every tower) will have LTE pumping from it. so the odds of a single tower being over run by people pulling 4G is going to be much less than before...another cool addition to the NV is they will now have the ability to see a live feed of each tower. before they would have to wait on a report to know if a tower was having issues or not. now they can see whats going on with each tower live. quicker responces to a tower issue, etc.

now to see who will have the first full LTE market done...the atlanta areas seem to be adding pretty quickly. unless the people posting their speed tests are all standing next to each other lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

major 3G/Text issues since the LTE release. I was just told the tower nearest me (non-lte) is runing at 74% and the next closest is running 65%... She put in another ticket for the field reps. The short LTE tower i spoke about earlier is just not good. Its great when you are very near (within a mile) but your signal is gone fast. I still just dont understand why there would be an LTE upgrade to one of the shortest towers in the area that is not much higher that the apartments nearby..... I cant wait till LTE is actually up n running. Knowing first hand the fast speeds i get near the tower, Its gonna be great!

Highlighted
GrandMaster

still not sure how they work it. i dont think its by location since the towers being upgraded are so spuradic..its always possibly theyre going by how old the towers are. THAT one i havent heard anything on so far.

youre probably having issues again because theyre back to working on those towers. or those ones arent quite  up to 100% but other towers around those are being worked on now as well...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Where did you test those speeds?

In Indianapolis I get 20 kbps in 3G and 400 kbps in WIMAX 4G. Sprint forgot INDIANA a long time ago.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Beautiful speeds.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.