cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making/Receiving Calls 60047

Highlighted
Journeyman

Anyone else having these issues in the NW suburbs of Chicago?  I get a different answer every time I speak with someone at Sprint.  For the past few days my wife and I (2 different types of phones) have had issues making and receiving calls.

Making Calls

• I dial a number, I hear nothing on my end (no ringing sound, etc).  I know for a fact the receiving phone rings because we've tried this with our home phone and other's mobiles.  The other party picks up to hear dead silence.  It has taken upwards of 6 attempts to get a call through at times.  It's placing the call but not connecting me to it.

Receiving Calls

• My phone rings.  I go to answer it and there in nobody there.  After establishing contact (after multiple attempts) I am told that when they called, it rang on their end but then the ringing just stopped (when I tried to answer the phone) and they just heard silence.

Very frustrating and annoying that this is happening and that I can't get a straight answer from Sprint.  We have an EVO Shift 4G (Sense resetting is an entire different issue!) and an LG Optimus S so it's not a hardware issue.

Any thoughts or similar experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

18 REPLIES 18
Wizard

I am sending you a private message to get more information.

Journeyman

Has Sprint customer service and tech support returned to that of the  late 1990's?  Every person I speak with has a different story, the notes  don't exist or do not reflect what transpired, calls with tech support  are dropped, and it is clear the problem is not understood.  13 1/2  years as a customer and it's back to the old days as far as support and  customer service goes.

Journeyman

Yes!  I've been having the same issue for the past 5 days!  I called Sprint (having to make three attemps to connect) and they said I have to take my phone into a store and they couldn't troubleshoot the problem over the phone.  I'm in 60061 but I've had the problem throughout the Chicago area.

Journeyman

That's interesting that they tell you it is a hardware issue in Vernon Hills.  We have two different types of phones (Shift 4G and LG Optimus) experiencing the same issues.  A friend over in 60048 (Libertyville) is having similar issues on his Blackberry Curve.  I highly doubt it's a hardware issue on our ends.  Let's get it fixed Sprint!

Journeyman

Good luck trying to get an answer.  I went in to a service center today and the rep was brief and rude.  Said customers have been coming in non-stop since Thursday complaining of this issue.  Sprint opens and closes trouble tickets because they can't find a problem on their end.  Rep wouldn't even take a look at my phone or the open trouble ticket on my account.  Said he was tired of hearing about the problem and was going to post a sign on the door telling people he can't fix the problem.  While talking with him two other people came in about the same issue.  Looks like Sprint is going to be loosing some customers!  They have decent plans and phone but no network or helpful customer service to back it up!

Journeyman

I am having the exact same problems you described. It just started on Saturday. I am in Lake Bluff, zip 60044. There are two completely different types of phones in my home both all of a sudden having these issues. This is not a problem with our phones. This is a Sprint network problem associated with our area.

Re: Making/Receiving Calls 60047

I pulled this up for the zip code 60061. As you can see we do have a service outage and we are aware of this and working to get this resolved as soon as possible. The ETR is set for 09/27/2011. Do remember that the ETR is just an estimate and that it is subject to change.

Services AffectedTicket #Outage DescriptionBegin
Date
SeverityETRClear
Date
Last
Updated
Cellsites Affected
Single Cellsite 8047722 At 2011/09/26 22:45:00 we experienced the following Problem(s) in the Chicago : Chicago Market: Single Cellsite (Out of Service) Cascade CH03XC407 is OOS and also some of the surrounding cascades. . 09/26/2011 17:45:00 CST 3 09/27/2011 18:20:41 CST Not Cleared 09/26/2011 18:25:46 CST CH03XC407 Lake Zurich IL 60047
Journeyman

I'm in KC and having the same problems.  Talked to 3 different customer service reps - and got 3 different responses about what is wrong.

Journeyman

I'm not sure anyone knows.  I got a private message from someone that says he put it in the notes what needed to be done to resolve the issue yet noone I spek to on the phone at Sprint can find anything related in said notes.

Journeyman

Everything seems to be fixed on my end. No problems for the last 2 days.

Journeyman

Here we go again!  Can't receive calls now.  Calling from an outside number, the call goes to voicemail after 30 seconds.  The cell phone never rings! 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.