cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McKinney TX Coverage is POOR (FACT)

Journeyman

McKinney TX Coverage is POOR (FACT)

I was told when I initial signed up with Sprint that I was in a great area to receive 4G LTE and my Samsung Galaxy 3 would work perfectly fine. I received the phone and new services and now my phone doesn’t work on 4G at ALL… Come to find out that its only 3G in my area now and they are not sure when 4G (let alone 4G LTE) will be available in my area (even  if you go online  it says that we are in a area that receives 4G services *LIES*)… So now when I am at work or at home I have to use WI-FI in order to use my phone and let’s not talk about the dropped calls… So I left T-Mobile for this crapola…? What was I thinking… I should have did more research… If your in the McKinney, TX area I wouldn’t recommend Sprint… Well not now anyways…

5 REPLIES 5

Re: McKinney TX Coverage is POOR (FACT)

KatieBabie504,

Thanks for your post. When looking at McKinney I see the area has a majority 4G LTE up, with 1 tower having issues that technicians are working on. There are still several towers that are not 4G LTE capable that are in McKinney, so I'd like to narrow the area down further. Can you provide cross streets that I can use to check this out? Also, have you updated the PRL on your phone? Thanks for your patience!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Louisiana & Wilson Creek Parkway – Lake Forest & West University Drive

I was just informed that by me having a Samsung Galaxy 3 If I don’t have 4g LTE in my area I would only have 3g

My settings are correct I have been on the phone w/Sprint for the past few days trying to rectify these issue

KatieBabie504,

Thanks for the info. I see 5 4G towers in your area that are not running into any issues. This suggests the issue may come down to the device. Have you run a PRL update on the phone recently? Also, have you had LTE running on the phone at any point since you got it?

PRL Update directions:

Apps > Settings > System Update > Update Profile > OK

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

It is saying that the update could not be completed. Please try again later.

Error: (Code: 0) Unknown Error

^^^^ Do you know what this is happening?

I was told that I am not w/n the 4g LTE coverage (by a Sprint Rep today and on Monday)

Journeyman

I think McKinney is just starting to get lit up with 4g lte.  I have had the EVO 4g lte since day 1 (May) and have been checking signals periodically. Recently, I noticed 4g at Raytheon in the parking lot (University Dr.)  I had 4 g from Raytheon going south to about Lousiana/75.  It has been intermittant though.  I think we will start noticing more in the coming months.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.