cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milwaukee 4G?

Journeyman

Milwaukee 4G?

sprint even gave me back my full upgrade even though they switched most ppl out to sprint silver, so they have been here for me.

i also get a 25% off employee discount, free activation and some other things.

its a bargain compared to other carriers and yes they could have better coverage in some areas, but i think once they finish shutting down nextel and making that 800mhz a part of the normal coverage we will have way more coverage in areas we did not before.

Wizard

Milwaukee 4G?

intheb0x wrote:

..., but i think once they finish shutting down nextel and making that 800mhz a part of the normal coverage we will have way more coverage in areas we did not before.

Is that going to take another 5 years?!!!

No offence but 4G in "4G" area is just like Swiss cheese.

I am getting tire of this!

BTW I am not going anywhere but it will be nice if 3G is what it used to be!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Milwaukee 4G?

I'm done.  I will find a freind who is on the Verizon plan and go on there plan.  Since I really don't leave Milwaukee, and if i do leave it's going to Chicago, I would have no problem with US Cellular.  I'll just have to keep waiting for the the Galaxy S's to come out.  Sprint where the h   is your 4G.  Renew my contract and save 150-----Heck to the no!  

Journeyman

Milwaukee 4G?

1calvin200 wrote:

I'm done.  I will find a freind who is on the Verizon plan and go on there plan.  Since I really don't leave Milwaukee, and if i do leave it's going to Chicago, I would have no problem with US Cellular.  I'll just have to keep waiting for the the Galaxy S's to come out.  Sprint where the h   is your 4G.  Renew my contract and save 150-----Heck to the no! 

I can understand your frustration, as I too am frustrated.  But I have to remind myself this is a narrow snapshot in time that we are in now.  Right now, Verizon is going gangbusters and Sprint is stagnant.  And Sprint's 4G network will not be much better in 3 months.  Nor 6 months.

However, 24 months from now Sprint's 4G will be just fine for all my needs.  And I will think back on this time and wonder what my problem was.  Why was I so angry and anxious?  It will be trivial, and I will be glad I stuck it out.  In the mean time, I saved boot loads of money over Verizon.

The other part of my brain wants to stab that calm part to death and tell it to shut up.  Then tries to reason with it, saying jump ship to Verizon for 24 months and come back to Sprint when it gets it ducks in a row.

However, deep down, I know that if too many of us move to Verizon for very temporary gains then there will be no Sprint to come back to.  AT&T and Verizon are doing everything they can to get rid of their two smallest competitors.  They want to control the market through a duopoly like they have in Canada.  And make their customers pay handsomely for the privillege.  They will be able to institute whatever draconian pricing schemes it desires, knowing it's only real competitor will follow suit.

SO as frustrated as I am, I know I need to stick it out with Sprint and see them across the finish line, knowing that I will have to carry some of the weight. 

But in reality, 4G is not a necessity for most folks.  We are on a 4G craze and think that we must have it.  But with data caps, screaming fast speeds are going to become pretty annoying.  It's like getting a Ferrari and told that you can only drive it a few miles.  Once you get it up to speed and start flying, you are out of road!!! 

Signed,

Perplexed in New Mexico 

Journeyman

Milwaukee 4G?

Perfectly fine in 24 months.  It's not a marriage.  Even though I say that I wanted to work  it out.  I have been lied to too many times by sales people.   There are two other carriers in Milwaukee that blow Sprint away.  I would have been loyal if I want cheated on.  I can pick a phone that was precap, so staying with Sprint would make me a punk b@%tch not impatent.  I already know how know  how Verizon is and I'm willing to deal with it. 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.