cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milwaukee LTE rollout

Highlighted
Journeyman

Milwaukee LTE rollout

Sprint says it is going to have 123 million people covered by LTE in 2012.  These will be rolled out by metropolitan areas.  Wimax areas look like they will remain with Wimax, at first.   Milwaukee is grouped with Waukesha as the 6th largest metropolitan area that is not covered by Wimax.  I think we are starting our backhaul and LTE rollout in December!  This is not an original thought of mine, but I'm afraid to give credit to where it is due. 

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Milwaukee LTE rollout

I live in MKE, so I have a definite interest. I kind of understand what you're saying, but what I really want to know is will I be able to use my Epic Touch 4G for 4G as it was designed? I'm still mad about this since they told me in the store that 4G was coming.

Journeyman

Milwaukee LTE rollout

No you will not be able to use you Epic Touch as a 4G phone.  Sprint will no longer be using WiMax in Milwaukee.  No Sprint phones with WiMax technology will be able to get 4G in Milwaukee.  Maybe you can keep it around for when you go to Chicago or sell it to someone in Chicago?   They should have been honest with you at the store.   The Touch phone you have is nice, but I would consider hanging on to your old phone, depending on the phone you had,  until July to save some money.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.