cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed calls, not my voicemail, and crossed lines. EKKKK!

Journeyman

Missed calls, not my voicemail, and crossed lines. EKKKK!

Hello!

I am a new Sprint customer, I transferred from AT&T and ported my number, about 1 month ago.

My girl-friend has terrible trouble contacting me since I moved to Sprint. There are two issues:

1. Straight to 'my' voicemail.
My phone (iPhone 4S) has 3 bars when I'm at work, yet she gets sent to voicemail.  Also, she gets the 'generic voicemail welcome message' recording, and not the personalized recording that I made. I do not get a missed called alert on my phone, or a voicemail alert even if she leaves one. She is not mis-dialing my number.

2. Crossed line.
She also gets crossed lines with other people when calling me, and only when calling me, and only since moving to Sprint. Occasionally my phone will show that she is calling me, but when I answer it is someone else, not her.

Both of these issue happen about 4 or 5 times out of every 10 calls. It's totally unacceptable. I'm not sure if other people have the same issues when calling me, as I don't receive very many calls from anyone else.

I have contacted tech support and they re-set some network features, however the issue #1 still persists. I cannot be sure issue#2 is fixed as it's intermittent and needs more time before I can verify it's not happening any longer.

Does anyone have any possible solutions to this, or can tell me why this is happening?

I'm getting tired of having a phone that only receives calls part-time on the Sprint network. If this continues without being fixed, do I have any re·course? Can I cancel my contract?

Thanks for any help!

6 REPLIES 6
Master

Re: Missed calls, not my voicemail, and crossed lines. EKKKK!

Hello and thank you for reporting this issue.  For Issue #1, does this mostly happen at your work location only or is it happening in mulitple locations?  What are cross streets and a zip code that's near your work location?  As for Issue #2, is there a different result if your girl-friend dials your number manually vs. from your stored contact?

Tom

Journeyman

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the questions.

Issue 1 was happening in various locations. However, the majority of the time I'm at work when she calls, so it happens mostly when I'm at work. Rececption bars vary between 3 and 5. My cross streets are Victory Blvd and N Canoga Avenue in the San Fernando Valley, zip 91367. I do not have google voice as voicemail.

My girl-friend always calls me from her contact list, not from 'free typing' my number - so there is no mis-dialing on her part I'm sure.

I think if we can solve the crossed line, we can solve the voicemail issue. I think they are the same problem.

Thanks.

Master

Thank you. The reason we're asking about the manual dialing is it can be a corrupt contact, certain call settings in the iPhone, or misrouting interpretations from a corrupt contact or call settings.  With that being said, we do have 2 cell towers close to your work location that are "Out of Service," and engineers have been dispatched to correct these towers.  A tentative time of resolution is set for 4/7/12.  With 2 of your closest 5 towers being down, it can create "blocked call" situations where a call to this location may not have an available channel at that time causing it to roll to voicemail.  We apologize for this inconvenience and are working quickly to resolve the matter. 

As for the misrouting issue, we would need more specific information from your girlfriend such as times, dates, digits dialed - manual or from a contact, and what was heard.  Since Issue #2 maybe related to the tower outages, let's wait until the outage has cleared while having you jot down a few examples of misrouting in the meantime.  If the problem persists past our ETR, you can private message me by clicking on my avatar and we can start an investigation. 

Tom

Journeyman

OK - thanks for your help Tom. We'll keep a record of any issues. Hopefully all will be better when the towers are up and running. Thanks again.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi Tom - I just had another crossed line. My girl-friend calls me at 4:48pm today, I pick up and it's some guy talking mid-conversation. She and I both hear the same thing, but seems the guys cannot hear either of us. She called when I'm at work. The call lasts for 20 seconds. Can you look into this? It's starting to frustrate me! Thanks.

Journeyman

I live in Brooklyn, NY 11213 and a few people I know in the same area have been having alot of trouble with these crossed lines, I dont even bother calling sprint customer service because they are usually clueless and cannot help.

I would estimate 1-2 crossed calls a day for me and this past week has been the worst one yet. I know at least 5 people who this has been happening to. It is very fustrating.. My brother had a conversation with someone who the call was crossed with and together they came to the conclusion that sprint may be getting worse...

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.