cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Texts

Journeyman

Missing Texts

I am not receiving many text messages sent to me. If I go online and check Zipwhip, they are there but never sent to my phone. This has been happening for weeks and Customer Service can't figure ouot why. What is going on?!

I have Nexus S 4G, zipcode 85281

Also, could it possibly be zipwhip blocking them? I know there is some sort of forwarding that happens to use it.

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

Re: Missing Texts

Connersabi,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with text messaging.  It is possible the issue is with Zipwhip itself.  A quick review of Zipwhip's website shows that is works both off of the data and text messaging services in your device.  Are you noticing any other issues with your device?  For instance, are you noticing that your data services are slow or not working at all?  Also, are you noticing any kind of roaming indicators on your device?  Finally, if you'll provide me with your city, state and nearest cross street, I can check out your location to determine if that could be the root cause.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Hours: 9am-8pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Journeyman

Scottsdale, AZ (rosstreets are Scottsdale Rd. and McKellips)

I hadn't been having data problems until two days ago. I haven't been able to get a 3G signal and once in a while I do go into roaming,

Also, I went into zipwhip setting and stopped it. I cannot be entirely sure but I think it helped with the text messaging... although a lot of mine are failing now due to the data problem.

Wizard

Connersabi,

Thank you for this information.  I looked up your location and found that 4 towers that are surrounding you are experiencing 3G outages.  Tickets# 9539433, 9490105, 9479352, 9536688, 9277920 have some estimated time of repair dates of today, but most are scheduled to repair tomorrow.  If for some reason your service does not improve by 09/11/2012, please let me know so I may escalate your tickets if necessary.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Hours: 9am-8pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the information, Fergie!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.