Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Montana network coverage and roaming access

Journeyman

Montana network coverage and roaming access

My son moved to Butte, MT last week. With roaming enabled, he was still without coverage in Butte the majority of the time.  Are there any additional settings he can do to boost what networks he can see and access?  He and my wife had spotty to non-existent service for much of their drive from South Dakota all the way to Butte.

Sprint is sending a signal booster, but that has to be plugged into a wall socket to work.  Don't know what he can do for service while he is out and about in town.

Thanks,

Nathan.

3 REPLIES 3

Hey there. Hope his move was smooth. Unfortunately, coverage in that area for data is roaming, and voice is off network roaming. Being surrounded by the Rocky Mountains can definitely affect the coverage. If he has WIFI, I highly recommend that he stay connected to WIFI while he is in the home, as for being out and about in town, I would limit the usage, unless he's connected to WIFI. If he can't connect to WIFI in public, then I would limit the data usage and voice calls when he's at home, connected to WIFI.

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

?Lover of Everything Magical ?
Please give glitter coated Kudos and crown thee with Accepted Solutions.

Thanks.  I was just hoping that there were some additional android option settings I missed.  Domestic roaming for Voice and Text as well as Data is turned on.  

I don't understand why the phone still isn't accessing the local cell networks (in roaming mode).  Must be lack of roaming contracts to support even though T-Mobile, Verizon, and AT&T all have existing networks in the area.

Hi there. Unfortunately, there isn't anything that you can do to boost the signal. I wish we did offer better services in that area.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.