cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO NETWORK, DATA, PHONE SERVICE for over a month...

Journeyman

Up until about a week ago, we and most Sprint users in this area (East side of Puerto Rico) have had virtually no phone service for over 4 weeks.  At best we had it 10% of the time.  We literally had no network, no data, no phone service....nothing.  Many calls to Sprint yielded little help.  Finally, I made a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.  This at least prompted the "Executive and Regulatory Department" of Sprint to call me to discuss this issue.

I'm appalled to find many other Sprint users with the same issues in the states.  I had no idea how many Sprint users were affected by the same problem until reading all these discussions.

Sprint customer service is horrible, shameful.  The person assigned to our case is worse than all the customer service agents combined, that I had the misfortune to speak to.  The higher a case escalates the worse the customer service.  Nothing but "I'm sorry you were inconvenienced".  Apparently, Sprint believes the being without service for over a month is just a minor "inconvenience". 

I was offered a 50% credit on my bill.  Oddly, a supervisor I spoke with a few weeks ago offered a full 1 month credit on my account, but thought it was best that I wait until the problem with the tower was resolved, because they can only give one credit per "incident".  If I took her offer and took the credit, there would be no more credits regardless of outage problems in the future.  So, of course I decided to wait.  Now the "executive" assigned to my case tells me, Sprint never gives an entire month's credit.  However, after speaking with several Sprint users in my area...some were given a full months credit.  ????

I'm considering a class action lawsuit against Sprint for many, many reasons.  One being the fact that they believe it is acceptable to have little to no service for a month and still charge the customer for the service.  Another would be on the basis that not one Sprint CS agent has the same answer for the problems, therefore problems cannot be resolved.  I know more than 30 people in my area that have been affected by this lack of service and would be very happy to be involved in getting resolution.  If we can't get resolution through Sprint customer service or the Better Business Bureau, than perhaps the legal system will help.

Also, Sprint did agree to allow us to terminate our contract without early termination fees IF WE SEND BACK ALL DEVICES.  I honestly cannot believe that Sprint thinks this is a viable solution.  It is beyond inadequate.  This would be the devices that we paid for!!!!!  We have four new phones at $150 each and a wi-fi hotspot.  This of course would be about the same in monetary value as the termination fees.  So instead of paying the termination fees we lose our devices that we just paid out over $600 dollars for...now where is the incentive to do that?  AND THAT ACCORDING TO SPRINT IS MUTUALLY BENEFICIAL??????

Anyone else in a situation that clearly has no resolve?  Anyone else want resolution?  I'm guessing we all do or we wouldn't be here posting.

8 REPLIES 8
Wizard

Hi,

I am sending you a PM, please check your inbox.

Thank you,

----George

Journeyman

Im in the same boat as you are.. Ever since Tropical Storm Irene I've had TERRIBLE service in Puerto Rico.  I have 5 lines on my account so you can imagine how frustrating is this.. Lot of noise and drop calls, Horrible 3g service, etc.

Journeyman

Our poor service started at the end of July before the storm. (we literally had no phone service for four straight weeks) We also have 5 lines.  (4 phones and a wi-fi hotspot)  It is beyond frustrating to be paying so much every month and receive not only poor service but very little assistance from customer service.  Our calls drop constantly also.  And texts are worse.  Either received/sent days later or not at all.  As I stated above we are dealing with Sprint Exec offices and they are worse than any Sprint customer service agents we've spoken with.  I've filed complaint with BBB (I encourage everyone experiencing major problems to do this...it is the only way changes will be made) and I'm now filing a complaint with the FCC and going to seek legal advice as well.  This entire situation has gone beyond tolerable. 

Thanks for sharing your experiences.  I hope phone service improves and Sprint considers revising their customer service tactics.  Until then...I'm continuing my fight with Sprint.

Wizard

Hi,

I am sending you a PM as well, please check your inbox.

Thank you,

----George

Journeyman

I just emailed the company with a complaint not similar but the same in every aspect. I have two phones and my girlfriend an individual one. The difference in coverage is incredible. It's frustrating even that Irene went thru here. And Sprint didnt use any chanels to express how they were going to reestablish service after the storm. But stateside. even before the hurracaine strike. THey had a plan on how to reestablish the service. Been informed even thru twitter. Last night I was in metro area and all calls were robotic. Measure the speed on my data, was even slower than dialup.

A month is more than enough time for this manner to be fixed. Specially when we pay for service given. Not for service that might be given. or that it will be given at whatever time they feel to give it. I live in Las Croabas. And what was usually the best coverage on the area. Now I need to hunt for a signal.

This is my home phone and need it available at all times. A thing that has not happen and worse doesnot look it will happen sometime soon.

I wonder what will happen when oct 5th they presetn the iphone. another data craving phone. with a dialup data network.

SPecially when Sprint has always said they can upgrade their network software wise without the need to make phyisical changes.

Please I want a nice clear answer that has the acknoledgement of an unstable service all thru the east coast ( 00738,00773,00735, Naguabo, Humacao, Rio Grande) and this is not the whole list. BUt is the one I have travelled constantly and quite frustrating to see that we have a network that's not even pre Irene state!!!

I appreciate a prompt answer!!!

Kindly

Cris JIm

Journeyman

CrisCEN -

Please file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.  (you can do this online at www.bbb.com)  I believe it is the ONLY way Sprint will stand up and take notice.  I encourage everyone experiencing these ongoing issues to be heard.  We aren't done with our fight yet.  As I stated above, we are now in the process of filing with the FCC and communicating directly with a lawyer to know specifically what can be done on behalf of all Sprint customers that find themselves in the same situation we find ourselves in. 

The phone service, or rather lack of phone service is unacceptabel at the prices we are paying.  The offer Sprint has extended to us to "make up" for inconvenience is unacceptable.

Good luck!

Journeyman

I think we all have the same problem, calling customer service have different answers, in recent months are my calls so that the last customer service representative told me there were more companies to think about leaving them and move to another if it was not satisfied with your company, I could unite all residents of Puerto Rico and file a class action, we may show discrimination by the judge residing in Puerto Rico

Journeyman

many question when I got 4g. at this time seems to speed dialup, the call is dropped, the text messages come after several hours, a unit may be damaged but five verified by their technical and can not find anything wrong

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.