cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO SIGNAL Fort Lauderdale & Miami, FL

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been with Sprint since October 2010 and am currently using an HTC-Evo. Within the last month and a half, I have noticed my signal strength is inadequate. So poor that I only have one or zero bars,  I am unable to place phone calls at times (especially between the hours of 7AM-6PM EST), after pressing the "call" button, phone calls take 1 to 2 minutes to dial out, I am unable to send/retrieve text messages, e-mails (especially media messages, those take a day at least to "send"), Internet speeds are tremendously slow, voicemail's do not download until the next day, calls frequently drop and the person on the other end has difficulty hearing me.

To try to eradicate the issues I have been experiencing, I decided to troubleshoot my device. Some of the steps I have taken are: Turning my phone off/on daily (restarting the device), returning it back to factory settings (3 weeks ago when the problems began), only downloading market certified applications, downloading software updates, deleting browser caches daily and deleting old text messages daily. TO NO AVAIL, nothing has worked!

I was under the impression that these incidents were isolated, due to the model of my phone, but I was mistaken. Hence, upon having discussions with some of my clients (blackberry, htc and samsung owners), who are also Sprint customers, I was advised that they experience the same issues I have whether in/out doors.

Is there something going on with the Sprint towers? I am in the South Florida area, but some of my clients are in the Bloomington (IN) and Atlanta (GA) areas. As I stated previously, they experience the same issues as I do. 

Needless to say I am very disappointed with the service and regret leaving my previous carrier. What is the point of having a phone when I cannot make a phone call? I have already been inconvenienced, not being able to place a call in an EMERGENCY situation. Rarely, did I experience issues with dropped calls, no signal and difficulty sending e-mail or text correspondence with my previous carrier. But, I guess you get what you pay for. Apparently, my hard earned $80 a month means nothing.

Fort Lauderdale 33324, University Drive (According to map signal strength is listed as GREAT and 4G is available, incorrect)

Miami 33169 441/2nd Avenue (According to map signal strength is listed as GREAT and 4G is available, incorrect)

If I decide to leave Sprint, which I am heavily considering, I should not be held responsible for an early termination fee. I have stated many valid points about how poor my experience has been with Sprint.

37 REPLIES 37
Journeyman

I am testing the "4g" Sprint service in South Broward County after starting with the original AT&T wireless a long time ago. I priced it all out and Sprint has the best prices for there so-called unlimited contracts compared to everyone else's so-called unlimited contracts. Sadly, I am seeing rather crappy "4g" service and it flakes out regularly such that I have to manually turn it on and off just to get signal. I suggest you contact your local state senators and representatives as well as the Florida public service commision and your federal congress people and the FCC. It may not fix your service in the short term, but if enough of us say something about the misleading promises about performance and coverage, then maybe the cellular carriers will start feeling some heat from regulators to stop being lazy and cheap profit hoarders at customer expense and setting up towers only along major highways and state roads. The black holes of South Florida coverage for "4g" services of all 4 major carriers are pretty crazy in the year 2011. Imagine how bad it will be if the FCC and DoJ allow AT&T to buy T-mobile and reducing the major competition to only 3 carriers and giving them even less incentive to spend money on full South Florida coverage.

Wizard

Mr.B. wrote:

I am testing the "4g" Sprint service in South Broward County after starting with the original AT&T wireless a long time ago. I priced it all out and Sprint has the best prices for there so-called unlimited contracts compared to everyone else's so-called unlimited contracts. Sadly, I am seeing rather crappy "4g" service and it flakes out regularly such that I have to manually turn it on and off just to get signal. I suggest you contact your local state senators and representatives as well as the Florida public service commision and your federal congress people and the FCC. It may not fix your service in the short term, but if enough of us say something about the misleading promises about performance and coverage, then maybe the cellular carriers will start feeling some heat from regulators to stop being lazy and cheap profit hoarders at customer expense and setting up towers only along major highways and state roads. The black holes of South Florida coverage for "4g" services of all 4 major carriers are pretty crazy in the year 2011. Imagine how bad it will be if the FCC and DoJ allow AT&T to buy T-mobile and reducing the major competition to only 3 carriers and giving them even less incentive to spend money on full South Florida coverage.

Right now Sprint relies on a company called Clearwire for it 4g network which sprint own about 54 but has not control of the company. Starting this summer Sprint will change all the tower in their network to have better coverage on 3g and 4g (wimax and lte ready) on their network. This project is called Network Vision and you can read all about it here http://newsroom.sprint.com/news/sprint-announces-network-vision-network-evolution-plan.htm it should be all done in 2013. I live in Miami Fl but have not tried there 4g services yet but looking at the coverage at clear.com it look very spotty.

Also sometime between now and summer Sprint will outline its future plan for 4g sow be looking out for that.

Wizard

denasimone wrote:

I have been with Sprint since October 2010 and am currently using an HTC-Evo. Within the last month and a half, I have noticed my signal strength is inadequate. So poor that I only have one or zero bars,  I am unable to place phone calls at times (especially between the hours of 7AM-6PM EST), after pressing the "call" button, phone calls take 1 to 2 minutes to dial out, I am unable to send/retrieve text messages, e-mails (especially media messages, those take a day at least to "send"), Internet speeds are tremendously slow, voicemail's do not download until the next day, calls frequently drop and the person on the other end has difficulty hearing me.

To try to eradicate the issues I have been experiencing, I decided to troubleshoot my device. Some of the steps I have taken are: Turning my phone off/on daily (restarting the device), returning it back to factory settings (3 weeks ago when the problems began), only downloading market certified applications, downloading software updates, deleting browser caches daily and deleting old text messages daily. TO NO AVAIL, nothing has worked!

I was under the impression that these incidents were isolated, due to the model of my phone, but I was mistaken. Hence, upon having discussions with some of my clients (blackberry, htc and samsung owners), who are also Sprint customers, I was advised that they experience the same issues I have whether in/out doors.

Is there something going on with the Sprint towers? I am in the South Florida area, but some of my clients are in the Bloomington (IN) and Atlanta (GA) areas. As I stated previously, they experience the same issues as I do. 

Needless to say I am very disappointed with the service and regret leaving my previous carrier. What is the point of having a phone when I cannot make a phone call? I have already been inconvenienced, not being able to place a call in an EMERGENCY situation. Rarely, did I experience issues with dropped calls, no signal and difficulty sending e-mail or text correspondence with my previous carrier. But, I guess you get what you pay for. Apparently, my hard earned $80 a month means nothing.

Fort Lauderdale 33324, University Drive (According to map signal strength is listed as GREAT and 4G is available, incorrect)

Miami 33169 441/2nd Avenue (According to map signal strength is listed as GREAT and 4G is available, incorrect)

If I decide to leave Sprint, which I am heavily considering, I should not be held responsible for an early termination fee. I have stated many valid points about how poor my experience has been with Sprint.

I would recommend calling and opening at ticket for the tower in that area (make sure to follow up once a week and they might make you do certain thing before they open the ticket with your phone. If they do not yet know there is a problem with the towers they might make you update the prl, resetting the phone to factory setting, and taking it to a sprint store). I can say it can take up to 4 week for the problem to be fix since it has happen to me with the tower in my area in Miami Fl (it fix now).

I went throw this process twice the first time it was fix the next day (for a tower in fort myers in the university) and the second one it was fix in 4 week (for my home tower in Miami). I guess it just depend on the problem on how long it will take to be fix.

Journeyman

Thank you for the suggestions. I will take that into consideration. It seems as though Sprint is so reasonably priced because the towers are unreliable.4g is non-existent and the time frame of availability is continuously changing. I have opened many tickets with Sprint about my concerns. Needless to say, nothing has changed for the better. I shouldn't have to call customer service every other week..... Just wrong!

Wizard

Re: NO SIGNAL Fort Lauderdale & Miami, FL

denasimone wrote:

Thank you for the suggestions. I will take that into consideration. It seems as though Sprint is so reasonably priced because the towers are unreliable.4g is non-existent and the time frame of availability is continuously changing. I have opened many tickets with Sprint about my concerns. Needless to say, nothing has changed for the better. I shouldn't have to call customer service every other week..... Just wrong!

I have been with Sprint for 11 years and from experience Sprint Network is the most reliable compare to tmobile and ATT and about the same as verizon in the south florida area. I think that Miami-fortlaurdale area are is now being upgrading to the new Network Vision plan which might be causing this since new cell site need adjustment. Miami is one of the cities mention in the press release of cities that will be first work on http://newsroom.sprint.com/news/sprint-announces-network-vision-network-evolution-plan.htm Also from what other report is that this multimode technology is a brand new technology. This year was the year that I have had problem with two towers out of my 11 years. Hopefully Sprint employee here on the community can find more information on the problem.

Lastly I called every week just to get an update on what was happening. You don't have to call every week I should have word it different. If you open the ticket they will contact you if they need any more information from you.

Journeyman

We too have been having major issues this last week around I75 and Griffin.  Our location all of a sudden is not getting good solid service.  We are missing calls, texts and emails.  We do not know what is going on, but we have tried tech support and all of the resets and restarts.  We have 4 different phones all experiencing the same issues, Blackberry, Pal Pre, Samsung Epic 4G and a Moment.  They said they would look into it and to call back in a week. The service fluctuates constantly without moving even going down to 1x.  When this happens, nothing is received by the phone, then all of a sudden, you receive the entire backlog.  This morning was 20 emails, 2 texts and a voicemail all from last night.  The phone never rang and it did not even log a missed call.  When a business looses work because their clients can't reach them, this is an issue.  Maybe it is time to end our relationship with Sprint and Nextel which we have had for many years if this is the new service we are going to get.

Journeyman

I opened a ticket with them, I know these things take time. Just wish I would have known that before I changed providers. In reference to reliability in South Florida, I have to disagree with you about Sprint being the most reliable. I used to have AT&T and never experienced these issues. The main reason I switched providers was due to price, also was excited about trying out the Evo. Needless to say none of those things matter now.

I read the article you posted. Going to try to stay put a little while longer but, I will be jumping ship if things do not change for the better. It's a shame that long-term Sprint customers are dealing with this non-sense.  My sibling has been with Sprint for eleven years and just recently began to experience poor service. I thought companies would want to keep their long-term customers happy. Sprint has been able to stay afloat because of reliable customers.  This is the thanks you get?

Journeyman

Im right off of 136th and SR 84 and i get no service now. I work at Sawgrass Ford and dont have any problems. Once i cross over to Davie, south of 84, i lose everything...wtf is going on?!

Journeyman

Exactly where we are.  All of a sudden we have lost service.  Have you reported this to Sprint?  We did yesterday.

Journeyman

yeah, i did..they were "going to look into it"...its rediculous now...i have to drive out of the neighborhood to make a call and text someone. It just started to happen a week ago. Call and report it too so they get their asses moving!

Wizard

denasimone wrote:

I opened a ticket with them, I know these things take time. Just wish I would have known that before I changed providers. In reference to reliability in South Florida, I have to disagree with you about Sprint being the most reliable. I used to have AT&T and never experienced these issues. The main reason I switched providers was due to price, also was excited about trying out the Evo. Needless to say none of those things matter now.

I read the article you posted. Going to try to stay put a little while longer but, I will be jumping ship if things do not change for the better. It's a shame that long-term Sprint customers are dealing with this non-sense.  My sibling has been with Sprint for eleven years and just recently began to experience poor service. I thought companies would want to keep their long-term customers happy. Sprint has been able to stay afloat because of reliable customers.  This is the thanks you get?

This was said by att about it competitor  to the FCC filing

"Verizon Wireless is the nation's largest wireless provider with a leading reputation for high-quality network performance, and it competes with AT&T in almost every local market. It has an exceedingly robust spectrum position.

"Verizon Wireless has a strong reputation for network and service quality. As mentioned, many consumer groups and surveys give Verizon Wireless higher rankings than other carriers. AT&T's performance in these rankings highlights the importance to AT&T of efforts to improve the quality of service that it offers."

"Sprint also has lured subscribers searching for faster data speeds and inexpensive, unlimited data plans."

"Other 4G devices offered exclusively by Sprint include the HTC Evo Shift 4G, the HTC Evo 3D, which was awarded "Best Smart Phone" and "Best in Show" by Laptop Magazine, and the HTC Evo View 4G tablet, which was rated 'Best of CTIA 2011' by Phonearena.com."

"Sprint also has a stronger reputation for service quality than AT&T or T-Mobile, generally ranking second among national carriers in customer satisfaction behind Verizon Wireless."

Read more: http://www.cnet.com/8301-17918_1-20056640-85.html#ixzz1KejkYUPO

I am not making up that Sprint is more reliable than att and tmobile in most test done by pc mag and other the patter is verizon, sprint righ behind, tmobile and att at the bottom.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.