cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Coverage for Columbus, OH

Journeyman

Network Coverage for Columbus, OH

Yesterday, Sprint's network coverage went from reliable to not reliable for me at my home. I was away for a week (in the same city!), but when I came home, I went from having 3g services to little to none (mostly none), as well as one to no bars. Last night, my iphone was searching for a network all night long. It eventually drained the battery. I've never had this problem before.

I've heard that Sprint is converting towers from Nextel to Sprint. Is there a way (or place) that I could go to that tells me about network updates (that isn't the coverage map, because I feel that's not accurate. :/ )?

My sis says I should 'reset network settings,' which I'll do, but it seems like Sprint should've let me know about their network's "construction" and provided me with troubleshooting methods if I felt the construction was affecting my Sprint experience negatively.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Network Coverage for Columbus, OH

krisvee,

I understand you completely with regards to the network upgrades that you are referring to.  I am sorry to hear that your device is working improperly. 

I would like to look into this issue further and verify if we have initiated upgrades within your area.  I will also be able to provide troubleshooting steps for you also that will update your device's software.

Please send me a private message including your full name and phone number so that I can access your profile.

To send a private message, click on my username below my picture.  You will see send a private message under actions to the far right of the page.

I look forward to corresponding with you

Appreciatively,

Jazzgirl7777

Social Care Support

Journeyman

Hi - I'm having the exact same issue. I used to have full bars until this weekend and suddenly I'm down to 1 bar and it's interrupting my phone calls. Can you please post the answer publicly so I can see how to resolve my issue?

Thanks,

Laura

OSUBUCKEYEFAN02,

Thank you for posting your concern!  I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing intermittent service.

With regards to the message that was sent to krisvee,  I was not able to verify an existing network update that would be attributing to intermittent service. I in fact needed additional information in order to access their account profile. The information is requested via private message to ensure account privacy remains secured.

If you would like to troubleshoot your issue please let me know the make and model of your device. I will then be able to provide troubleshooting steps for you.

I look forward to corresponding with you!

Sincerely,

Jazzgirl7777

Social Care Support

Journeyman

Hi! Sorry I never got back to you, Jazzgirl7777. I also posted on Sprint's Facebook page and got my help from there (not that you weren't willing!) My problem turned out to be a tower that was down in my area (43215), and the person at Sprint Cares told me it was in the midst of being resolved and would be back to normal in a day or so. And it was, and I am having no more issues with my phone. Thank you, Jazzgirl7777 for your help!

Journeyman

Hello Jazzgirl7777,

Are there known issues with service in the Columbus area (43231) today?  My calls seem to connect ok, but can't send/receive emails (says connection to server failed) or really access anything that uses data (Facebook, games, etc).  I have an iPhone 5, but today it's been almost useless.

krisvee,

Not a problem at all.  The important factor is that you received information and assistance.  I am glad to know that everything is working for you!  In the future if you need further assistance please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Sincerely,

Jazzgirl7777

Social Care Support

Highlighted

MJStephens9608,

I appreciate you posting your concern with Community! I apologize that you are experiencing data connectivity issues.  I have been keeping an eye out for the Columbus area since a few other community members have been posting with concerns also.  We haven't as of yet received any notifications of any network issues within Columbus, however, that doesn't mean that there isn't an issue. 

If you could let me know of cross streets in your area where you are not able to access data, I can better pin point the tower(s) that may have malfunctioned.

Look forward to corresponding with you!

Sincerely,

Jazzgirl7777

Social Care Support

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.