cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Network Issues

How does Sprint monitor the performance of their network? I ask because it seems that unless customers report issues sprint is unaware that the network is offline or down. Today I called to report an outage and after talking to the rep I was informed that no issue had been reported and that they were unaware of the issue. Is it possible that sprint can be unaware of network issue unless customers provide the feedback?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Wizard

Network performance is monitored many different ways. The information gathered is processed into network events or outages if a certain criteria is met. If we have reviewed the network coverage in your area and although it appears that there is good service, sometimes there can still be challenges with providing service in doors due to terrain, vegetation, and building construction, including near or adjacent buildings. This is another reason that troubleshooting must be completed, including reviewing towers for performance problems, coverage holes, and network events. If we have reviewed the network coverage in your area and have determined that you should not be experiencing an issue - we will submit your information in a network ticket. Our network teams will investigate what has happened in the area to impact your service and we will contact you with the findings. Thank for the post RobOrtiz - these are great questions!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Look behind you RobOrtiz. Do you see the smoke drifting out of your backside? Welcome to the NOW network, Not Our Worry.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.