cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Outage Question

Highlighted
Journeyman

Network Outage Question

Hello.  I live in area code 78606 (Blanco, Tx). I have had no data service since sometime yesterday (Sep 18th).  I noticed it when I got home from work around 5 PM. I use a sierra hot spot to provide internet in my house, and mostly it's been very reliable.

Is there an outage in this area?

Also, is there a link or web address that I can go to and see this kind of info and not have to bother you with things like this?

Thanks!

Dave Wisniewski

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

I am sorry you are having problems with the data services in your area. Can I please get an address or cross street close by so I can check the performance of the towers?

Thanks,

Ray

Highlighted
Journeyman

My street address is 1061 Heimer Ln, Blanco Tx 78606.  Normally, the signal strenth on the Sierra Wireless Overdrive Pro ranges between 60-80 percent, and that yields adequate performance.

Hope that helps.

Highlighted

Thanks for the address. At this time I am not seeing anything that much out of the ordinary on the tower. Have you tried turning your device off and remove the battery for a full minute and then retry to connect? Are you able to use your device in another location with no issues?

Ray

Highlighted
Journeyman

I did all of those things last night with no success. The device reports searching, but never makes contact.

I have not been home today to see if it's working now. I'll try that when I get home from work and will post the results then. That will be sometime after 8:30 pm central time.

Thank you for looking into this.

Highlighted

Ok keep me updated.

PS....GO PANTHERS!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, no joy.  It didn't connect to the sprint network last night at home. I brought it to work today in Fredericksburg, Texas, (area code 78624) and it won't connect to the network here either.

I've removed the battery and  tried the device's reset button, but no it will not connect. It's beginning to look like the device has failed. Wifi works fine, but it won't connect to the network to get data, so it's pretty well worthless to me.  I guess that I need to find out what the warranty is and head off in that direction.

Would you happen to know how long the warranty for this device is?  I can't find the warranty information on the device in the docs or on the sprint site.

Any thoughts?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.