cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Problems in Houston?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been unable to send/receive calls/texts all day today.

I get "Radio Interface Resource Shortage" error with texting and "The network is busy. Please try again later." with calls. People who call my phone report that it is going straight to voice mail. Friends and family who have Sprint are having the same problem.

zip: 77345

city: Kingwood, Houston, TX

11 REPLIES 11
Journeyman

I have been having the same issues here in Kingwood so there must be something going on.

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do I know that Sprint is working on this problem? In fact, how do I know that they are even aware of it? I recently tried to use the chat feature on this site, but it was disabled. I could send an email but I wouldn't get a reply before Monday, at the earliest. I can't call them because the phone isn't working. And the only other thing I found on this subject is a recommendation to update profile, which I can't do (Error code:1012 -- presumably because something is wrong with the network).

So I ask again, what option do I have to get Sprint to start working on this problem? Why does Sprint not have a link that can be used to report network outages quickly and easily (and if they do, why not make it more visible)?

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Network Problems in Houston?

Sorry for the late reply here guys - I just noticed this post. There is an outage in this area at this time under ticket number 8452163 for 3G data browsing - out of service. The ticket has been open for 9 hours and the estimated time of repair is set for tomorrow 12/10 at 4AM central time. I can assure you all that technicians are on site working to resolve the issue ASAP. I have noted the ticket with your reports as well - this lets the technicians know that you are impacted by the outage. I am very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and I do thank you for being valued Sprint customers.

I agree - a link or a site with outages that you could search would be helpful - I will forward your idea up to a program manager. Thanks for the idea, I think it's a good one!

FYI - We do have a site www.sprint.com/network that shows you network enhancements in your area - this site was spawned from a customers' idea!

Highlighted
Wizard

BeArthur I will like to add that we have been asking here in the community to Sprint for a while now about Sprint costumers being able to see tower outages/problems. I recently mentioned it when I found about the sprint.com/network tool at http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/81191

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am also in Kingwood and have not had the use of my cell phone for about 24 hours.   Spent an hour online with tech support yesterday with them insisting there is no problem in my zip code...77345.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I live in Wichita Falls Tx and have not been able to make or receive calls or text since yesterday 12/9/11.  This is the 3rd time in as many months that this has happened.

Highlighted
Journeyman

There is definitely a problem in Kingwood, TX.  All of my calls going out have failed and no incoming calls have reached me.  I can barely get text messages.  Any idea when service will be back?

Highlighted
Journeyman

There are also problems in Waco Tx.  Sprint is having some big issues with their network.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I reside in north Houston by I-45 I'm getting decent speeds

Using HTC EVO design

Highlighted
Journeyman

I recently moved from Illinois close to chicago where I had strong Sprint signal and never had this issue before. I am using the same phone here in Houston. Now I live in South West Houston and work in South East. I always have weak or no signal issue whether I am in the steel building (understandable reason) at work or at home in regular wooden construction building. Don't know why Sprint signal is so weak in Houston.

Highlighted
Wizard

OWAIS3401,

What are the two zip codes in Houston where you use your phone at frequently?

Markie_B

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.