Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Vision 95062 - Santa Cruz, Ca

Highlighted
Journeyman

Network Vision 95062 - Santa Cruz, Ca

I am hoping that someone may be able to shed some light on when I can expect to see LTE and improved 3G in my area (Santa Cruz, Ca). 3G speeds here are atrocious and I'm getting kind of fed up with it all. I've had Wimax phones since the original Evo and Wimax never came. On top of that, 3G speeds have steadily eroded over the past couple of years. I remember streaming the last world cup on my old Evo and now I can barely stream Spotify at work on my Epic Touch. I've seen www.s4gru.com which lists Santa Cruz as part of the South Bay/San Jose market (San Jose is being worked on now), which gave me hope that LTE might come sooner than later, but San Jose has also had Wimax for years and it never came here, so that's obviously not a guarantee. I'm kind of tired of seeing my friends with AT&T's HSPA+ getting 6-7Mbps and those on Verizon's LTE getting over 20Mbps, while I'm struggling to get 0.3Mbps. I don't really want to change carriers and give up unlimited data, but if things don't improve by the time my contract is up, I may have to. All I really want is some sort of firm indication of WHEN I can expect the network to improve. I've been given the stock "LTE rollout should be complete by the end of 2013" line plenty of times. If giving me that line means that my area won't be getting it until the end of 2013, then just tell me so, so that I can plan to move on when my contract ends.

Hopefully a rep here can give me some actual info.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Network Vision 95062 - Santa Cruz, Ca

Is it really this hard to get some info from you, Sprint?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.