cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Vision Webinar

Master

Network Vision Webinar

So surfing the internet today I came across this link to a third-party community blog post related to the Network Vision rollout, it's old but I'd never seen it before. The author was invited to a Sprint webinar back in December detailing Network Vision and what it will bring to the table, practically, not just theoretically. The information it contains is pretty dramatic.

http://s4gru.forumflash.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-34-new-network-vision-and-lte-deployment-info-re...

I would recommend reading the article, it isn't very long, but if you don't have the time, here's what caught my attention the most. They are images of the coverage in Atlanta, GA currently, after NV, and after the 800MHz transition:

1.jpg

Before Network Vision. In this slide, you can see an example of what Sprint’s current PCS coverage in 1900MHz currently looks like in Atlanta. These colors loosely represent what you would experience on your phone’s signal strength indicator. Think of Green as 5/5 bars. Yellow as 4/5 bars. Red as 3/5 bars. Blue as 2/5 bars. White is one or zero bars.

2.jpg

After Network Vision. In this slide, you can see what the Sprint PCS 1900 coverage looks like in the Atlanta Metro Area after Network Vision. As you can see, the coverage is drastically improved. The amount of 5 bar, 4 bar and 3 bar coverage goes up, and the amount of poor or no coverage nearly goes away. This improvement is a result of superior radio performance in quality and distance that is gained from the way Network Vision is deploying. With radios up high on the tower near the antennas instead of down at the ground in the base station cabinet. Network Vision towers are even performing better than originally anticipated.

3.jpg

After 800MHz deployment. In the most dramatic slide of the Webinar, Sprint displayed how coverage would appear in the Atlanta Metro Area once 800MHz service is deployed in 2013. I nearly fell out of my seat. In this amazing image, you can see that most of the coverage area would have 5 out of 5 bars! And virtually every nook and cranny in the area would get a signal. And with 800’s great propagation characteristics, you could get a great signal inside virtually every building too. With Sprint’s 800MHz being deployed in Network Vision with the radios up high on the tower, Sprint’s 800 will likely perform noticeably better than AT&T and Verizon’s 700MHz. At least until AT&T and Verizon develop their own Network Vision type program.

3 REPLIES 3
GrandMaster

Re: Network Vision Webinar

unfortunatley none of the phones currently coming out (LTE phones included) will run on the 800mhz. all in all this is awesome news reception wise...not so much phone wise.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Product Ambassador

Almost all phones launched since November support the 800Mhz Voice spectrum with one notable iException; not sure on 800Mhz LTE data.  I know the Qualcom Chipset supports it; may just need to enable it once it's rolled out nationwide, or it may come enabled.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
GrandMaster

yah hopefully its something they just have to enable. if im remembering right the new LTE phones..or maybe it was just the EVO LTE is unable to run the 800LTE..the chipset will...but the phone wont..hopefully again its just something that can be switched on through a update.

my bad...thought this was talking about the 800 LTE side of things..i'll learn to fully read things ONE of these days lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.