cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network outage in Chandler, AZ 85225

Highlighted
Journeyman

Network outage in Chandler, AZ 85225

I have not had working data in my area since Tuesday, 7/9/2019 at 9:51am AZ time and it's now 7/13/2019 6:50am AZ time. Out of nowhere, my service goes from 3G, to no bars to data roaming due to a network tower being out in my area. I have to drive several miles out of the area to get internet and I've troubleshooted multiple times. I do not have WiFi at home and I have to go to a local business that has WiFi. 

I was advised by rep Jean S. on 7/9/2019 (Chat ID 745729627932180338) that "there is a installment equipment repair started 07/09/2019 and it will end 07/11/2019"

That obviously didn't happen since I still don't have cell service.

I chatted back on on 7/11 and rep ID of sm982264 (Chat ID 745448162400325377) stated: "The maintenance team is currently working and the Estimated time to end this issue is on 07/13/2019 04:00 AM GMT."

I don't know why there was a European time zone since that's sounds like an incorrect time zone and even if it was in GMT time, I'm in Arizona and the issue should of been fixed on 7/12/2019 at 9:00pm AZ time per timezone conversion.
I gave benefit of the doubt and assumed she or he meant Arizona time at 4:00am today and the issue still has not been resolved.

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted

I'm still showing the tower is being worked on. There are notes that technician was dispatched this morning. We can check on it later today, to see if it's completed.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Highlighted

Hello @RedCruzr_Sprint

The issue got fixed on Saturday, July 13th, but it started to reoccur again as of this morning at 10:20am. I called customer care and they advised me a tech won't be out to fix it for another 6 days on Monday, July 22nd.

I wanted to check if you look into the status of that work order for me please. 

Highlighted

I'm seeing the same information. The ETA for the next update is set for 7/22/19. Since this started again, have you went through the troubleshooting?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Highlighted

Yes @RedCruzr_Sprint I have multiple times with customer service and tech support. It is pointless doing it again since it's due to the same tower being out. The only way to "fix" it is if I drive 3 to 6 miles out of my area to get cell reception to connect to another tower. I do not have WiFi at home and I'm reliant on my phone for work and school since I use my mobile hotspot to complete my school work on my computer.

Highlighted

I understand that the troubleshooting may not help, since the tower alert is still open. I was just looking to see if it helped at all. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Highlighted

@RedCruzr_Sprint No worries, but I appreciate your quick and prompt followup in regards to my concern, thank you so much!

Highlighted

You're welcome. Here's to hoping the tower is up and running properly very quickly.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Highlighted

@RedCruzr_Sprint I wanted to follow up and see if you know the status of a tech ETA if possible, please and thank you. 

Highlighted

I am seeing that tower was fixed, but on July 11th another tower went down. What are the nearest cross streets? That way I can pin point. 

Highlighted

Yes @Katey88_Sprint , The major cross streets where I live are McQueen Rd and Ray Rd. I live in a very large apartment complex and reception turns into a dead zone, especially where I'm at since I'm at the back corner of the complex. To give you an idea, here's GPS coordinates below to where I'm located where cell reception is the worst:

Coordinates: 33.3257080, -111.8281449

Highlighted

Looks like the tower went down on 07/11/2019. They are ordering parts and should have it back soon. 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.