cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Iphone5 3g in NC/SC very poor

Highlighted
Journeyman

New Iphone5 3g in NC/SC very poor

I had a Epic 4g and had great 4g in Charlotte, NC but my 3g was subpar in Charlotte and in Rock Hill SC where I live it may as well be a dial up connection.  With my new state of the art Iphone 5 my 3G seems to have gotten much worse.  In both areas it often wont even connect to data with 3-4 bars of signal.

I got the standard answer from Sprint...working on the towers in my area...but this 3G issue has been going on for MONTHS!  I was hoping that buying a new phone would have fixed that...stupid me.  I've been with Sprint for 12 years or more with four lines,  am I going to have switch my other 3 elsewhere and I guess suffer through two years of bad service.

Will somone with Sprint please explain what exactly is being done in my area to make 3G useable?  The lady I spoke with at Sprint told me all about NYC, Texas and NJ but that does not help ME.  I undersatnd that LTE is coming...great when I am in Charlotte but what about elsewhere?  If 3G was reliable I would be happy but...

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Master

Re: New Iphone5 3g in NC/SC very poor

rmwjrsc I understand this must be frustrating. You should have at least the same data connection as you had before. You can see the status of scheduled upgrades in your area by going to the link below in my signature. I see numerous sites in the area that have upgrades coming in the next 6 months.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Sprint Social Care Team

Oklahoma City

Hours Monday- Friday 6am - 3pm

https://network.sprint.com/   THE SPRINT NETWORK OF THE FUTURE IS UNDER WAY

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: New Iphone5 3g in NC/SC very poor

Just got the iphone5 last Friday, so far the service i've been getting is ridiculously terrible. Signal goes from "Sprint" to "Extended" without much improvemt in neither. Pagest time out, downloads dont complete. Even calls are being dropped. I'm new to Sprint, but based on the service I'm seeing and reading at the other opiniones posted, I think I should jump ship before my 14 days are up. I'm writing from Durham NC, has Sprint's service always been like this in the area?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.