cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract, terrible coverage in Rotterdam NY

Journeyman

New contract, terrible coverage in Rotterdam NY

Set up my contract yesterday. Coverage map says I'm in a "Good" coverage area, and the coverage map under "My Sprint" shows three towers some-what near by.

I switch from one bar to none on a constant basis. I can rarely hold a call. I can't even think about using the internet or data. It's kind of a pain because I'm required to be in constant contact with my job.

Purchased the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I've gone through just about every step including the profile updates and PRL update, battery pulls. No problems with the phone.

Anyone else in this area have this kind of problem? Any mods/representatives with any advice or other steps I can follow?

Rotterdam/Schenectady NY. 12303.

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: New contract, terrible coverage in Rotterdam NY

I've also read about the Airave, but unfortunately I do not have high-speed internet at my apartment at this time.

Master

Could you provide cross streets near your address so we can look at the towers?

Journeyman

Of course.

Carman Rd and Curry Road are the cross streets. Schenectady, NY 12303. Could also try Hamburg Street and Curry Road, because Carman becomes Hamburg. I'm right next to a Sunoco gas station. Their address is:

3065 Hamburg Street

Schenectady, NY 12303

Thanks for the quick response!

Journeyman

Bump.

Should I try getting the phone replaced? Couldn't hurt stopping into Sprint to see what they say.

Journeyman

just switch carriers, if your job is at stake. Sell the phone on eBay, you'll get very close to the unactivated price, use the proceeds to the ETF, and go on ATT or T-Mobile. I just ETFed Sprint, went to T-Mobile, and I maybe go on roaming once a week, maybe. Gone are the days of automatic roaming when I get more than 4 feet away from a window, or when the room gets crowded. Also, ALL T-Mobile and ATT smartphones are world capable, which they should be given how much the bill and phone cost.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.