cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to LTE...is the signal only along highways and main roads?

Journeyman

New to LTE...is the signal only along highways and main roads?

In my area LTE is starting to pop up but is only along our main freeway...is that just due to it being in testing phase? In theory is it supposed to eventually be available "everywhere"?

9 REPLIES 9
Wizard

Re: New to LTE...is the signal only along highways and main roads?

pdawg171717,

Thank you for your post regarding LTE services. During the initial testing phase and pre launch, the availability will be minimal and coverage will be spotty. Once  a city is "launched", the coverage will increase, but again it will be in minimal areas until the complete buildout/upgrade is finished which is expected end of 2013. What city are you in? I can tell you were the enabled towers are in your area if you like.

Markie_B

Journeyman

Thanks for the reply...I am in San Carlos, CA and currently all of the LTE I can find is right along Highway 101 only...was just curious if eventually it is supposed to cover the entire city? And if so is it totally different coverage because 3G in and around my home is terrible...

Journeyman

My area too, only when I'm on freeway ( I-80 ) and around near freeway , I can use LTE with my iPhone 5 . But when I'm out little bit far from freeway , my 3G go back with 0.02 mbps.

My city is Fairfield - CA ( 94533 ) . Can you check it for me ? Please and thank you very much.

Journeyman

Markie_B ,

Waitting your reply

GrandMaster

odd. fairfield wasnt one of the initial areas to get LTE...chalk that up to 3 areas that are seeing LTE that were never announced lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

pdawg171717 and fujiki6677,

I did check the areas you provided me as well as the general San Francisco Bay area and I am finding that there are some towers enabled with 4G along the highway 80 Corridor and 680 and the Rancho Solano Pkwy with 3G enhancements currently being seen near Gordon Valley and Suisun Valley roads. Other towers are being tested and updated in this area and no ETR has been listed as of yet.

Markie_B

GrandMaster

oddly enough Fairfield and San Carlos are not on ANY of the lists showing NV being deployed.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/98569?start=15&tstart=0

friendly disclaimer for the above thread..the majority of the information within there is from a 3rd party site...so any stated dates may or may not be accurate and are estimations. with THAT being said alot of the info in there is pretty spot on ...so do with it as you wish..but you'll also see that neither of your areas were announed by either s4gru OR sprint lol..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Markie, just ordered Galaxy IIIs for me and my wife. Can you tell me if there are any LTE towers in Oklahoma City, or is there a resource where I can check?

thanks,

Master

Currently there are no 4G LTE towers in OKC.  It is not currenly one of the annouce cities to be getting soon 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.