cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Sprint. Love the phone but NO 4G...

Journeyman

I am new to Sprint, just closed out my Verizon account. I was under the understanding that the Sprint 4G network was competitive with Verizon, boy was I wrong. Please bring 4G to the Erie, PA area. I know this probably has been asked before but is there a list of areas to get 4G or a timeline. You guys are rolling out the LTE 4G, so will you be expanding the network. If I have to pay 10 extra dollars for a smart phone I would like to be able to use 4G like others in the country. Erie is not a major city but we do have a large population. Please come to Erie.  Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Sprint current 4g wimax is own and operated by clear which Sprint owns 54%. Clear since the binging of this month has not expanded it network so this mean that Sprint 4g wimax network will not be expanded as well. Sprint announce that they will be building there own lte 4g (Network Vision) network which will be launch beginning of next year and all sprint network will be covered by 2013. Network Vision will also improve Sprint 3g network. More about network vision at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp_jpIdr_uw

Sprint recently introduce this new tool which let you check what Sprint has done or will do to your local tower at https://network.sprint.com/ what information will be put in the future regarding 4g is yet unknown.

Journeyman

Thank you for your response. I guess its just a waiting game then. I still dont think its fair that I have to pay the same amount as people a town away that have 4G. Guess im SOL. Thanks again

Highlighted
Journeyman

For the next two years you will be SOL.  Goodluck.  I personally am tired of paying premium prices for a joke of a network.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.