cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to sprint, experiencing horrid data speeds

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello, I just came to sprint from AT&T due to them throttling my Data speeds. I'm in South Florida (boca raton area), and so far I've experienced severely slow data speeds. I'm wondering if this is what I can look forward to if I stay with Sprint, or if there is an issue in my area? I called customer service to inquire and the two women I spoke to were extremely rude and condescending. Here is a speed test photo to show you what I'm getting.

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Master

Re: New to sprint, experiencing horrid data speeds

I apologize for you encountering people who didnt listen to your issue and look for help.

Which tower are you nearest to and which direction from the tower?     - approximate distance etc

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am west of all of those towers. On that small portion of a map I'd be closest to the left hand one. From that I'd be north west.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still no response? My service at home is perfect, but at my job I get a max of .02 mb/s data speeds. This is unacceptable.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Makes AT&T's data throttling not look to bad huh?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, honestly, this data is the same as being on my old throttled plan. Only difference is that for about the first 10 days of my month each month I'd have awesome blazing speeds.

Highlighted
Wizard

What type of phone do you have?  If it's 4G capable that's really the only way you'll get good high speed unlimited internet access.  It looks like only parts of Boca Raton have 4G.  3G is very slow in most of the densely populated areas in FL. 

Cheers,

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm on an Iphone 4s. I probably should've gotten an EVO or something 4G from what I've gathered. Seems Iphones aren't so good on this network. I share an office with 2 girls who have sprint as well and they get really good data speeds, but I get garbage. photo.PNG

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: New to sprint, experiencing horrid data speeds

Yeah, if you're within the remorse period return the iPhone and buy a 4G phone otherwise sell the iphone and buy a used 4G phone. I know someone selling a used epic touch 4G for $285 so perhaps you'll find one as well.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

cheers,

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, I'm out of my grace period, but i'll look into a 4g phone soon. Does my unlimited plan include 4g?

Highlighted
Wizard

Yes, 4G is included in Unlimited Data Plans. You can check to see if 4G is in your area at sprint.com/coverage.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Your in for a nightmare, should've left when you had your chance... goodluck.. im on my way out to att and getting my business with 46 lines and family over to ATT next month

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.