cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 3G for more than 30 days in the middle of NYC

Highlighted
Journeyman

No 3G for more than 30 days in the middle of NYC

My family and I have been with sprint for more than 10 years and I just renewed another 2 year contract a month ago...

For those who are still on the 14 day return, Stay away from Sprint! The headache and lack of honest support is not worth the frustration and wasting your time.

Just search my zip 10012 in the forum and you will see how no one addressed a lack of 3G in NYC for more than 30 days and to this date still no lug at the end of the tunnel.

This is the middle of NYc and you will get no 3G. Tis is right next to New York University, right in the middle of Greenwich village, right about Soho and no 3G for more than 30 days.

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: No 3G for more than 30 days in the middle of NYC

I'm right across the river in Jersey and I get no coverage in my house. Can't even make a phone call. Zip is 07002.

Highlighted
Wizard

CustomerSince2001,

First, I want to thank you for being a Sprint customer for over 10 years, I really do appreciate your loyalty.  Let's see if I can help with that headache and restore your faith in us. I'm not familiar with your area, would you mind posting cross streets so I can look at the specific tower that is causing this?  I see a couple of tickets open currently, but just want to ensure I'm getting you the correct information.

cw04,

I'll take a look at your area as well if you wouldn't mind posting your cross streets. How long has that been going on for?

Thanks - look forward to helping you two out.

*David C

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

David,

Thank you for responding. If you just search in the community forum with my zip 10012, you will find multiple threads where i have provided my cross street and address and there has been no results. You can understand how I am skeptical that here I am >30 days and another sprint rep is asking for information that I have provided too many times

But here it is

Cross street: bleecker street and Thompson street, 10012

Address: 184 Thompson Street

As I mentioned in the other postings. I am literally right next to the sprint towers

I hope you look at the other postings I have and understand how I am losing my trust with Sprint

Wizard

CustomerSince2001,

Thank you for providing this information again in this new thread, it helps keep the issue organized so we can better assist you.  I did read through your other postings while I was waiting for your reply, and I would be happy to continue looking into addressing this for you.  Ray's information regarding your tower status is accurate.  I have the capabilities of opening a network ticket specificly tied to your Sprint number, so I would like to proceed with getting that in so we can get this resolved as quickly as possible for you.  I completely understand your frustration, and I know it's been going on for too long and I apologize for that.  Please know that I will work with you and do everything possible to get this taken care of.  I am going to send you a private message to get a few pieces of information I'll need to proceed.

Thank you,

*David C

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Kennedy Blvd. and 42st in Bayonne, NJ 07002.

I just switched to Sprint this week. I travel around NJ for my job and overall I get a good signal in most places, but for some reason I get nothing at home. I have 2 iPhone 5s and both are the same.

Highlighted
Journeyman

David,

I just replied to your RM. Please let me know if you have receive my response and what the plan of action and ETR will be.

As I mentioned in the PM, i last spoke with Sprint on the phone this Wednesday with a supervisor who told me that the tower right next to me has been experiencing very low 3G data access success rate and every called i made in the past month confirmed this but apparently there are no open tickets.

Hopefully, you can follow up with this asap after 30 days of no data service

Highlighted
Wizard

CustomerSince2001,

Thanks, got the info. I've submitted your ticket.  Again, that ticket number is 19372519-121130.  Please read the PM I sent to you with specific instructions and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

*David C

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Wizard

cw04,

There were two issues going on at your home.  Your primary tower was compelted out of service until the 27th with no data access until earlier this morning. They closed out the tickets for your primary tower and it is functioning.  The second issue is that the next closest tower is also out of service at this time and we are working with the local exchange carrier to bring it back on line.  It has been out since the 12th of this month.  Because this tower is still down, network traffic is being routed to your primary tower and other surrounding towers causing poor network performance.  Once work is complete today, we'll have more information on whether they were able to get it restored or if they need a bit more time.

Please post back tomorrow and let me know if things have improved or not.  I will be back in on Monday, one of my co-workers can also check on this before then if needed.

Network ticket number: 9738929

Thank you,

*David C

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

David,

Thank you for checking. I currently show 1 bar and a circle. When I try to make a call it says it could not connect. The data is not really a big deal because I have wifi but I need to be able to make calls from my home. Hopefully this can be resolved soon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

David,

Is this an open ticket regarding issues with my phone or is this an actual major network ticket to your engineers to fix the tower?

I have written and verbal confirmation from Sprint that the tower right next to me has a 3G success rate of <50%

Now, the sprint rep on the phone is telling me the ower is registering 49%

This is an on goi issue since the network vision upgrade and I was told hat since no one called in no one is addressing this issue? How can sprint not see such low reporting rate and addressing it in the middle of New York City?

Does Sprint have hat little customer here in NYC that this broken tower is only servicing me?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, I still cannot make a call from my home. One thing I don't understand. If the tower closest to me has been working since the 27th, then is this the best signal I am going to get? I get that another tower could affect performance but why do I still have no signal?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.