Day 41 without 3G data data service in New York City...Sprint finally

opened a ticket under my account (not a ticket to fix the problem) a

few days ago...yes. 30 days of 1+ hour of wasted time with Sprint

everyday with no resolution

Play back the tapes and you will hear every one of your reps and

supervisor agreeing that the tower closest to my place, 184 Thompson

St, New York, NY, 10012, has been reporting 3G success rate in the low

50% since October 22. Today is Dec 3rd and sprint ticket support gave

me a call that the tower issue has been fixed.

After more than 40 days, finally sound like resolution but just like

Sprint, the issue is obviously not fixed....just more lies and call

back to ticket support states "oh yea, I see the tower performance is

terrible."

So what now keep calling? Our patience is running outs

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: No 3G for more than 30 days in the middle of NYC

All we ask for as customers is

i.e. "your closet tower is located at XXXX and is currently out of service with 3G since Oct 22 because XXXX. The estimated restoration period is XXX"

that is all i have been asking for since Oct 22. It is that simple.

1) Identify the tower closet to me, 184 Thompson Street 10012

2) Confirm the tower is out of commission since Oct 22

3) Confirm there are no overlapping Sprint service at my location so we have been without data service since Oct 22

4) Confirm repair in progress

5) Confrim ETR

While Sprint might not be responsible to carry out the repair, I do believe Sprint still has the obligation to make sure its customers are being attended to, especially after more than 40 some days. I don't know if others agree

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey CustomerSince2001,

I agree with you 100%. I have only been a customer with sprint for little over a month and i have to say, I have been getting horrific coverage all around the city. I work near the NYSE and the data and voice coverage has been mediocre. 3G painfully slow (like 0.03mbps download). Can't make calls because my call fails. I've chatted with the Sprint reps almost everyday for 30-40 mins and all they can tell me is that they are working on the towers and the ETA is XX/XX. This has been going on for 3 weeks. First the ETA was 11/29. Now the ETA is 12/07. Who knows what it would be once that time comes around.

I was however able to get some more information from the rep. He told me that there are 9 towers around my zip 10005 that is now going through repairs. Hence the reason for slow recovery. "Engineers are hard at work" he says. I also asked to speak to Advance Tech Support and asked where the closest towers are to my address. They will tell me which ones are being repaired and which one is the closest one. Since they have network tickets for all of the towers that are out of service, that should be the confirmation you need.

I was able to get $68 as a service credit for all the days I didn't have voice/data service to ease the pain of waiting for Sprint to restore service. I suggest you call them and have them give you service credit for the 40+ days you don't have 3G. Just have them search for the address you are and ask for the credit. I know, I rather have reliable service rather then a credit but it does ease the pain of just waiting.

Having said all this, while I hate not having reliable service, I came from Verizon and know that they are even worse in the area I work then Sprint. poor 3G is normal (0.01mbps) and I can't even get LTE to work where I am. I did get to test out the NV upgrades and LTE in Time Square area few weeks ago and let me know you, it is promising. Only thing to look forward to. If all this isn't enough to make you happy and stay with Sprint, I think you should call Sprint and make them note all of the issues you are having and let you out of your contract with no ETF penalty. You should call the Sprints Executive office and talk directly to people who can truly help you faster then the service reps here on the forums.

Good luck.

Highlighted
Journeyman

All we ask as customers is

i.e. "your closet tower is located at XXXX and is currently out of service with 3G since Oct 22 because XXXX. The estimated restoration period is XXX"

that is all i have been asking for since Oct 22. It is that simple.

1) Identify the tower closet to me, 184 Thompson Street 10012

2) Confirm the tower is out of commission since Oct 22

3) Confirm there are no overlapping Sprint service at my location so we have been without data service since Oct 22

4) Confirm repair in progress

5) Confrim ETR

While Sprint might not be responsible to carry out the repair, I do believe Sprint still has the obligation to make sure its customers are being attended to, especially after more than 40 some days. I don't know if others agree

Highlighted
Journeyman

It is very disappointing that Sprint is failing to address this for this customer. He has been writing for so long and no one is being helpful.

Sprint, you need to answer for this. Let the customer off without an ETF if you can't fix it or solve the issue. It's been going on too long.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.