cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 3G in Downtown KC

Journeyman

No 3G in Downtown KC

I noticed that I'm only getting connected to 1xRTT the last couple of days.  Depending on where I am in the building, I go from roaming to 1xRTT.  I might get connected to eHPRD or EVDO.A, but it quickly bounces back to 1xRTT.  I have the EVO 4G LTE. 

I'm, located at 11th and broadway.  It looks like I'm connecting to the tower at 10th and Jefferson.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Wizard

shawn.kc,

Thank you for your post regarding data coverage in KC. At this time, I am not showing any outages or data related issues in the area that you mentioned. Is this a connection card or a phone? We may want to do a few updates to the software or at least ensure that the software is current.

Markie_B

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm in the Plaza/UMKC region and I've been having issues with Sprint's network for the last month. Failed texts, voice coverage and 3g data. They've been unable to figure out anything. They'll usually say there are no outages reported, then they'll wait a while and say ''we're currently working on a tower for 24-48 hours'' then they'll refer you to a Case Manager that never calls. It's a joke really.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the new EVO 4G LTE.  My software should be up to date because I check for updates pretty regularly.  I'm guessing it has something to do with NV upgrade.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update:  As of the last several hours, I've been roaming constantly.

Highlighted
Master

Sorry for the problems  I see where they have opened a ticket on the tower and the it is currently  not carring any connections

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am in Independence, MO and having issues for 2 days... roaming or 1 bar.. very frustrating..

Highlighted
Journeyman

Registeres as "3G" on my Galaxy Nexus but speeds are, and this is no exagerration, 5kbps-56kbps. I think that hardly qualifies as 3g.

Highlighted
Journeyman

There's the ''open ticket on a tower'' message they generate to appease customers. I've been getting it for a month now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Most phones don't show if you're connected to 3G or 1xrtt(2g), but apps like netmon or the phone debug screen will tell you what type of data connection you have. 

I will say that downtown KC definitely could use some speed upgrades.  I normally sit anywhere from 50 to 300 kb.  With my old EVO, I could pick up Wimax, which was really fast.  Since I now have the LTE EVO, I've been struggling a bit.  Hopefully they get the LTE deployed downtown within the next month or so. 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.