cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service

Journeyman

No Service

I am in the Chicago area, Plainfield to be exact and I understand there are tower upgrades going on. However, tonight there is no service, it tells me the feature is not available now, please try again later. Now, I have been a Sprint customer since 2002 and have never experienced service this bad. Since December I am lucky if I can complete a phone call with out it dropping off. If I do finish the phone call, I am lucky to hear every third word the caller says. 3G is putrid slow and sometimes does not work, and 4G is even worse with the connection. What recourse do I have? I am about done with this crap and am thinking about leaving Sprint and using degradation of service as the means to cancel my contract. Anyone have any options for me?

Regards,

Once loyal, now disgruntled Sprint Customer of 10 years.....

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: No Service

Just wanted to say that we have been loyal customers for 10+ years too.  It is sad what they have done to turn off customers that have been with them so long.

Journeyman

For any Sprint rep, since I cannot call them, it is now 11:15 CDT and still no voice service to make phone calls. It has been since 430pm that service has been down!

Journeyman

And it is now 5:30 am, going on 13 hours of not being able to make phone calls. What if I had an emergency? We do not have a landline phone to call 911. This is a big issue as well.

Journeyman

I "chatted" online with a rep last evening....apparently there is a "temporary" service outage in this area. (I'm in Romeoville, IL)

I have been a Sprint customer for about 10 years, also....that this "temporary outage" is the last straw and I think I will "permanently" take my business elsewhere! Sprint obviously doesn't care about losing customers......just look at how much concern they have expressed on their "support" message board in their "customer service" forum!!!

Journeyman

Hi, just wanted to say we live in Crete and we have the same problem with our phones and have been loyal customers also. We pay our bills but we are not getting the service we are paying for... this seems like a crime to me. Who helps the customers when they have contracts. I called and they only want to give you 10% back off what you pay on your bill, big whoopy doo.

Journeyman

Apparently all SPRINT CELL SERVICE is not working (message 7 394) in the CHICAGO South Suburbs as of 3PM on Wed. July 25, 2012. 

Including 911 Emergency calls!!!

WTF???

Journeyman

That's right, JMCD. STILL no voice service. Filed a report with the BBB...gonna send a complaint to the Atty. General tomorrow, I think. On the Sprint Facebook page, a guy named "Will" suggested doing a PRL update when (if) the service is back up and working...supposedly tomorrow around 6pm according to my "chat" with "customer service" ...like I am going to believe that before I see it!  It will have been 3 days with no calls by then....but I have been reading ALOT of messages from people who haven't been able to make/receive calls for even longer.....and, really, most of this has been going on intermittently for months. People all over the place are complaining about the same types of problems....AND they say that, just like in my case, Sprint tried to convince them that the problem was their PHONE for months on end, all the while knowing it was the network. Bad business....very, very bad business

Journeyman

Finally was able to make a voice call late last evening.........will see how long this lasts.

Not that this is a comfort, but Sprint is upgrading sites as fast as they can. The upgrade is not really an upgrade, more of a replace everything on the site with new hardware. To do this unfortunately you will see outages as they have to disconnect the old, and connect the new, test it, and go back and tweek things. Some sites are isolated from others and only it will be affected when they are transitioning from the old to the new. Other sites are dependent on a different site, so you may see some longer than normal outages as they have to bring one up, then the other(s) (There is sometime more than 1 interconnnected), then tune and test. I went through it in my area last month. What will happen is once everything is up and running on the new equipment, tested and tweeked is a network that works as it should.

I wish Sprint could just throw up a new tower next to the existing one, but I think we all know public pressure against new towers is there, and the chances of getting approvals are slim to none. The pain of the replacement is frustrating, but eventually all teh carriers will have to do this as their equipment ages, capacity needs to be increased, and of course, transitions from older to newer technology that will hopefully bring us new features, and a more reliable network.

Journeyman

Well, Sprint could throw up a COW durrinng upgrades to make the upgrade *almost* seamless.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.