cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Signal- HTC, Blackberry & Samsung

Journeyman

I have been with Sprint since October 2010 and am currently using an HTC-Evo. Within the last month, I have noticed my signal strength is inadequate. So poor that I only have one or zero bars. I am unable to place phone calls at times, or send/retrieve text messages, e-mails, voicemails do not download until the next day, calls frequently drop and the person on the other end has difficulty hearing me.

To try to eradicate the issues I have been experiencing, I decided to troubleshoot my device. Some of the steps I have taken are: Turning my phone off/on daily (restarting the device), returning it back to factory settings (3 weeks ago when the problems began), only downloading market certified applications, deleting browser caches daily and deleting old text messages daily. TO NO AVAIL, nothing has worked!

I was under the impression that these were incidents were isolated due to the model of my phone, but I was mistaken. Upon having discussions with some of my clients (blackberry, htc and samsung owners), who are also Sprint customers, I was advised that they experience the same issues I have whether in/out doors.

Is there something going on with the Sprint towers? I am in the South Florida area, but some of my clients are in the Bloomington (IN) and Atlanta (GA) areas. As I stated previously, they experience the same issues as I do. 

Needless to say I am very dissapointed with the service and regret leaving my previous carrier. Rarely, did I experience issues with dropped calls, no signal and diffuculty sending e-mail or text correspondance. 

5 REPLIES 5
Master

So poor that I only have one or zero bars. I am unable to place phone calls at times, or send/retrieve text messages, e-mails, voicemails do not download until the next day, calls frequently drop and the person on the other end has difficulty hearing me

Breaking down you service problems and starting with unable to place calls ~ do you get a message when it fails, or does it ring and then stop the connection. Part of the technical assessment is where you are and which towers you are registering on. Each of the items you mention is a different element in the network.

In Advanced Technical Support we use a tool that shows us you usage/connectivity on a map with a quality of service for every tower/area you are in. This helps us analyze each tower that you get service from. I have an Evo and have great service – my goal is to help you fix what is wrong. I am sending you a private message to arrange a time to contact you to improve your service.

Larry

Sprint Advanced Tech Support

Journeyman

Our service has been basically NONE for the last 2 months. Its a tower issue/network issue to our area of Louisiana so I am told by cust. service reps once a week. They refuse to give service credits for not being able to use phones unless we sign a new contract with them. We have been with sprint for 6 years (abt.). On my facebook page there is a thread of people in my area (within a 20mile radius) about 45 to 60 of us that are having this issue, the thread started about 2 weeks ago and since then atleast 20 of them have changed to AT&T and have Great service! I contacted sprint customer service 2 days ago to give them one last chance to make things right and again was told that they would not credit my acct unless I extended my contract. Come Tuesday morning paycheck will be in the bank and my husband and I will be transfering to AT&T. 

Thats some sad customer service that the only way they will fix and make up for their mistakes and issues is to try and force someone into a contract.

Highlighted
Journeyman

As an 11-year Sprint customer, I've seen the service go from horrible to great, in fact I''ve promoted Sprint heavily to my friends and family.  Now it seems to be swinging back in the horrible direction.  I have a Blackberry and a regular (basic) phone, both of them have signals drop randomly, from full bars to zero bars.  All my contacts who have Sprint have the same complaint, lately the service has been sketchy and unreliable, numerous dropped calls in more places where before there was never a drop, these are areas which are major highways in the New York City metropolitan area.  Hope this is all a very short transitional problem as the 4G is getting rolled out. I'm 2-3 months from giving up on Sprint!

Journeyman

I have been with Sprint for more than two years now and the service has gotten exceptionally bad in the past 6 months. My roomate has a Cricket phone and gets better reception than me. There is a reason Sprint charges less for their plans..the coverage SUCKS!!!!

Journeyman

Seems like  the service is declining by the day. My countdown begins. I will give this company 2 more months.... Was hoping I could at least make it a year, the way things are going I doubt it.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.