Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service since Feb 6, 2012 in Albuquerque

Highlighted
Journeyman

After the January outage, I thought everything would become stable, but on the morning of Feb 14, all my services went down.  I have spent hours on the phone (land line, of course, since my cell didn't work).  First they said the problem was due to unknown causes.  A day later they said it would be fixed "soon".  Then they said it was scheduled maintenance on the towers in my neighborhood only (Albuquerque ZIP 87109), but they did manage to get my phone service back up.  Then later they said the problem was city-wide, but it would be fixed soon and "my service will be greatly improved".  Then they again said it was just my neighborhood, but after driving all over town and then all the way East of town to Edgewood, still no web access. 

My phone service has stayed active, but web access has been absolutely nil since 2/14.  Its now the 20th and I'm still waiting.  So much for my $130/month "unlimited" access.  I won't be renewing my Sprint contract. 

Are there any others in Abq who are having similar problems?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

steveOphone1,

Looks like there was indeed a 3g sevice repair ticket that was issues on 02/17 for a switching issue that has been closed.  There was also a open network repair ticket for capacity in the Albuquerque area that was opened up on 12/04 and closed on 02/20. From what I see it looks like that your area is operating at good efficiency.  I would recommend performing a update profile on you device( see link below).  If you are still having issues please respond back to my private message.

Thanks,

-Ron

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/74133

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for that link, Ron.  Unfortunately, it does not apply to my phone, which is a Samsung S2 Epic 4G Touch.

There is no 'Home > Menu > Settings > System Updates  > Update Profile'  in my phone's settings menu.  However, after  reading your reply and the given thread, I knew what to look for, and I  found the Update Profile here:  'Home > Menu > Settings > About  phone > System Updates > Update Profile'.

I updated and I now have web access.  It's too bad that none of  the Sprint customer service reps that I wasted hours talking to on my  land line could give me that same information, but I certainly  appreciate your reply.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.