cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal coverage for 20170 (Sprint Tech confirmed 3 towers operating at under 12% capacity)

Journeyman

No signal coverage for 20170 (Sprint Tech confirmed 3 towers operating at under 12% capacity)

I've had 2 phone call to sprint customer service in the past 3 weeks.  I have two HTC cell phones that will not connect to the sprint network and have been told that 3 towers are currently under repair orders and may be back online by the end of the first or second week of Jan.  So far, we have not had cell coverage in our neighborhood for almost 4 weeks. 

I would like to know what my options are for canceling the Sprint contract without an early termination fee since because the towers are non-working and my family needs phone coverage for immediate assistance due to emergency medical issues.

My verizon cell phone has no problem connecting to the Verizon network.

I've been very pleased with Sprint and do not want to leave, but I have to have reliable coverage in my neighborhood.

Location of service in Flagship Ave, Herndon VA 20170

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Master

Re: No signal coverage for 20170 (Sprint Tech confirmed 3 towers operating at under 12% capacity)

Sorry for the inconvenience. I understand your frustration and concern. I checked your coverage and there is a  reported tower outage for couple of weeks,engineers have been notified and are working to restore the service. Ticket Single Cell site  9826069 ETR 01/02/2013 13:24:00 CST

Abe

Journeyman

Re: No signal coverage for 20170 (Sprint Tech confirmed 3 towers operating at under 12% capacity)

Thank You, Although you didn't answer my question.  The question is, how long is it reasonable for a customer not to have voice coverage on their cell phones in their home area before they are allowed to cancel their contract without any fees?  I've been more than reasonable with waiting, but 3 weeks is too long and another 1 to 4 weeks is not acceptable since I need to have reliable phone coverage for emergencies. 

Is this outage only effecting HTC EVO 3d users?  Would changing or upgrading to a iPhone solve this issue?

Please tell me exactly what my options are for canceling the service since your network is down.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.