cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No texts, calls, 3G...WHAT'S GOING ON???

Highlighted
Journeyman

No texts, calls, 3G...WHAT'S GOING ON???

For the past 48hours I have not had service, my account is not showing my phone, my phone is not showing my 3G & I can't send/recieve texts, calls or access the internet! It keeps giving me error codes 96, 97 & telling me that my service could not be validated! What on God's green earth am I paying over $100/month for if I can't use the service I am paying for???!!! I am very irked! This happened last year around this time, only it was the tower issue then! I hope I get credited for the lost days this year too, otherwise I might have to leave Sprint! This is rediculous, I am in the middle of a job search & I am sure that I am missing important calls that could lead to an interview!

Anyone else have this issue or know what the heck the problem is or if it'll ever get fixed?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

I am sorry you have been having issues with coverage in your area. Could you please provide us with an address close by to you so we can look at the towers and see if there are any outages?

Thanks,

Ray

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the EXACT same problem and it is sooo annyoying. Spent alomost 2 hours with technical support yesterday and nothing them around 10pm last night my phone started working as i was driving on the freeway but it would go back to NO SERVICE mode depending on the city I was driving to. Both in Montebello, CA, Fontana, CA and Los Angeles, CA I have NO SERVICE

Highlighted
Journeyman

The issue is that Sprint uses 1900 Mhz while Verizon uses 850 Mhz.  The lower frequency gets better building penetration.

I have had my GS2 since November.  Service with my Evo 4g and everything else prior to that was fine.  Every since the switch it's been horrible.  My fiance recently switched to Sprint to be on a family plan with me.  She had a 4s on ATT now a 4s on Sprint, service is like night and day.  I live in Atlanta which is one of their major markets that gets evrything first, first for 4g, first for "enhanced" 3g and first for the upcoming 4g LTE.  The problem is that service is pretty much useless with Sprint.  It's not your phone, it's the network.  They signed the contract with Apple and got way more new users than they anticipated.  With everyone including their grandmother is using a smartphone, the network is really being stretched thin.  They do not have the infrastructure to handle the data being used on their network.  There is no win win, sprint has unlimited data but service sucks, other carriers have great service but will kill you with data charges.  Here are my speedtest results I did 5 minutes ago in the heart of Atlanta 545kpbs download and 36kbps upload.  This is laughable, I can't test 4g because I have no 4g signal, go figure.  Also, we are the only carrier in the world who doesnt have the new Ice Cream Sandwich software update.  I really mean across seas and in the US we are the only ones who don't have it.  This just further confirms that whatever Sprint is focused on, it certainly is not providing quality, relaible, and up to date service for their customers.  I am jumping ship ASAP, may even suck up my $650 in ETFs.  When I call into Sprint about delays in text messages, dropped calls etc they just confirm that I have 98% signal in my area, (yeah right) dismissing that real issues me and thousands others are having.  Sprint, you have fell to a new LOW!!!!

You can always wait for the network to improve.  But we know what waiting gets us on Sprint (you hear me GS2 users.....cough......ICS...cough...cogh)

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.