Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outage for weeks in Maryland (Zip 20993)

Journeyman

Outage for weeks in Maryland (Zip 20993)

My Sprint friends at work have been more than disgusted at the reception we are having in Maryland, particularly Silver Spring. I am on the ground floor of my building and prior to July, had no issues with a 3G connection (I, like most, have given up on 4G!). Well right around the 4th of July holiday, my phone completely went roaming and has NEVER switched back to 3G. My friends that are lucky to be on higher floors will be lucky to get a 3G bar, and even then the signal switches from digital to analog constantly.

Sprint, what is the deal???? I read about a trouble ticket in the MD area that was supposed to be fixed on or around July 14th, but that wasn't this area code and the 14th is long gone!

Please tell us what to expect from Sprint regarding this network issue, AND how the weeks of horrible coverage will be rectified by Sprint staff.

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Ok folks. Finally called Sprint. I was told that there is a tower that is out in the 20903 zip code. Per Google maps, that's roughly 0.7 miles away from 20993. The escalations manager told me that the repair of the tower is scheduled for June 30th (Saturday). Hopefully we can get our network back come Monday.

Master

I have scheduled to post an update on this post on Saturday morning - July 30th

The ticket number is 7453730 and it affects zips

The tower is in the 10000 block of New Hampshire Ave,Silver Spring,MD,20903

Promise to update what I can see on Saturday morning

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

Thanks Larry!!

Neil

P.S. Hook 'em! Ok...sorry for that. Please don't punish a Longhorn fan by not providing an update.

Master

btw - We are confused by your zip codes and want to make sure we are accurate in our info - even to saxet  fans - are 20903 and 20993 side by  side - google and our tools are very confusing when we search - just wanted to ask if you are familiar with both etc

Boomer Sooner

Larry

Journeyman

Hey Larry,

Yes, those two zips (my work zip is 20993) are on the same road, roughly 0.7 miles away. I'm sure the outages you mentioned are affecting us, because it was literally like a light was turned off at the beginning of July. Thanks again!

Texas...FIGHT!

Neil

Journeyman

Ok, so I can be a little more clear about this issue, 20903 and 20993 are on the same road. The escalations manager said that there was issues affecting 20903, but think the problem with the tower has significantly affected the 20993 area as well. Our coverage has been very poor for the past few weeks. Hopefully that will all change soon!

Thanks again for everything.

Neil

Journeyman

Larry and Sprint,

We are back online! Thanks for whatever you magically made happen!

Neil

Master

I had a note to follow up and all looks well on this -

Washington DC : Washington DC 20901 ,20903 ,20904 Hillandale(MD),White Oak(MD) Single Cellsite 7453730 Customers in the following area(s): Hillandale(MD),White Oak(MD) may experience diffculties with the following services : Single Cellsite. 07/10/2011 19:46:00 CST 07/27/2011 17:44:12 CST 07/11/2011 17:42:43 CST WA98XC288 Silver Spring MD 20903
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.